3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

a/c-recert door

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:10 PM
maggfx22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c-recert door

I wanted to see if anyone has had the same problems. I have a 06 ram 1500 5.7 and took it in before warranty expired because i was getting outside air in from passenger side floor board area,and loud thunking sound was coming from that area when i switched the floor/dash/defrost selector on the controls. also i was only getting cold air on right side vents of vehicle when a/c was on and the whole system did not blow that well. They knew instantly the problem with the air coming in on the floor board. they called it a recert door and replaced it. As for the a/c blowing only cold air on one side they said it was low on freon. they recharged the system,found no leaks and it worked great for approx the same length of time as when i bought to when i took it in for service, about 2 yrs. the a/c started doing the same thing 2 yrs later then the right side stopped blowing cold air. Also the recert door is making the same thunking noise and air is coming in again. long story short can these two be related and how can the cooling system be working fine for 2 yrs then all of a sudden freon be low without any leaks?do you think dealer may have made an error when they said it was low on freon?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:17 PM
jerzey111
Professional

sounds like your rerirc door again. search you will find its a common issue. you can replace is w/ a newer design that will not break

Old 07-31-2010, 08:49 AM
jk360
Veteran

the re-circ door is a POS, but that would only "slow down" the cold air coming out of all the vents cause it usually breaks and rest on top of the motor bloacking the air flow. if you are only getting cold air on one side it may be your blend door. o a search on blend door and see if you are having the same issues. as for the recirc door its really easy to check. under the pass side dash is where the a/c motor is. there is 3 screws and a wire plug. disconnect the wires and unscrew the 3 screws and the motor comes out. very easy. stick your hand up there and you'll feel the door resting on top if its broken. my bother has an 06 and was having the same issues and i just fixed it for him last week. i just took the broken door out and put the fan back. a/c blows hard now. eventually hell get it fixed but isnt worried about it.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Here's a couple videos of this company's fixes for the different mode/blend/re-circ doors.

The vids at least give you a good idea on what's going on with the all the doors.

http://www.heatertreater.net/Dodge%20Ram%20Video.html

Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 AM
cgallen

The HeaterTreater guys are experts on the RAM and helped me fix my truck. It's well worth checking them out.

Quick Reply: a/c-recert door