3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

"Hemi Tick" fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 AM
03MopaRamman
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to here you got her fixed and it sucks when your away from home. Want it done right, you gotta do it yourself, the dealer is not gonna ask a veteran mechanic to change plugs so the youngest guy still learning is gonna do it. Thats how electrical connectors under the hood get misteriously broken tabs!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 PM
thomasnchy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live and learn I guess. Curiously, today, I visited the sales department at the Ford dealer that last installed the plugs and was threatening to buy a brand new truck off the lot (for the company I work for) and happened to mention to the salesman about my little problem. And, wouldn't ya know it, after a week of no-call-back I recieved a call from the service department... just nice as could be, and wanting to "make it right".
I also confronted the Dodge dealership here. I still think they pulled the valve covers and caused the leak, but I wont get any farther on that one. I offered to take the service manage outside and let him listen to the engine for any sign of a "tick". Of course he denied, so I politley told him that he had mis-diagnosed my truck, and it (in my opinion) should be his shops' responsibility. He agreed that they had missed the cause of the "tick", and mis-diagnosed my truck, and offered me a free oil change to make it right.. pathetic.
Lesson learned... I wont ever get another service done out of convience, and I sure as heck wont think that a "tech" will always do it right.
The heck of it is... when my truck was in the Dodge dealership getting new exhaust manifolds put on to "cure" the tick for a whole week, I borrowed my buddys' Isuzu Hombre and the fuel pump went out... so I replaced it. MY cost (with a decent discount) was $365.00.

Quick Reply: "Hemi Tick" fixed?