3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No "Key On" Power at Radio??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:44 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that's exactly what I was gonna try...but then someone mentioned that some makes have computer loops tied through the radio and if not closed properly cause havoc...But I was going to try anyway and hope for the best...

Old 08-14-2010, 06:52 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeesh... all you electrical engineers are making my brain hurt...

Here's a question for all you smarty pants. Why is it when I shut my truck off ( a 2006 model) the radio instantly shuts right off, but my old mans truck (a 2007 model) will stay on for a short period of time after you shut the truck off (or until you open the door)? What gives? And (on a side note), I also noted his blinkers will operate for 3 or 4 "shines" when you just tap it "left" or "right", and his truck seams to continue to start on its own when you just quickly turn the key forward for a brief second... Can anyone shine some light on the subject for me?

OK, threadjack over...

Old 08-14-2010, 09:49 AM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Originally Posted by olyelr

Here's a question for all you smarty pants. Why is it when I shut my truck off ( a 2006 model) the radio instantly shuts right off, but my old mans truck (a 2007 model) will stay on for a short period of time after you shut the truck off (or until you open the door)? What gives? And (on a side note), I also noted his blinkers will operate for 3 or 4 "shines" when you just tap it "left" or "right", and his truck seams to continue to start on its own when you just quickly turn the key forward for a brief second... Can anyone shine some light on the subject for me?

OK, threadjack over...
My '07 works like your father's '07.

joe

Old 08-14-2010, 10:23 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiMoparGuy1981
It's a Pioneer that I've had for 13 years.
Uh......is that a tape player or 8 track?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Marx
Record Breaker

OK, threadjack over...
the 07's + have power memory
thats for passing on the highway so you dont have to unclick the the turn signal my moms 97 benz had that feature
its an anti-grind/starter protection so you dont over crank the starter, works basically like an autostarter

all this stuff is computer controlled

Old 08-14-2010, 02:51 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Uh......is that a tape player or 8 track?
Believe it or not 13 year old CD player means it was bought in 1997. CD's came out in 1989 or before. I don't know for sure on the exact year they actually came out, but I do remember my high school Physics book mentioned the "new technology of CDs" (the year I had that class was 1999) and we all made fun of it saying "how old is this book if it refers to CDs as new technology???? So we looked and the books were copyrighted in 1989...thus CD's had to have just come out recently abouts 1989.

Although I did have to decide between a tape player or CD player, or both, as I had a significant collection of each (too young for 8 tracks, although I have seen them and worked them on my own...parents and uncles old tapes and such)...went with CD

Old 08-14-2010, 03:14 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran

OK, threadjack over...
To make kids like you ask why...THAT'S WHY!!!

Originally Posted by Marx
the 07's + have power memory
thats for passing on the highway so you dont have to unclick the the turn signal my moms 97 benz had that feature
its an anti-grind/starter protection so you dont over crank the starter, works basically like an autostarter

all this stuff is computer controlled

In all seriousness though, this is about as good of an explaination I could give, as well.

Here's a question, how come my dad's company vehicles that were Ford's have that radio feature since 2001, my old construction bosses 03 GMC had it as well, but Dodge didn't jump on the band wagon till 2007??? Chrysler is supposed to have the by far best engineers, which is why Benz bought them years ago...

Old 08-16-2010, 11:07 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

In all seriousness though, this is about as good of an explaination I could give, as well.

Here's a question, how come my dad's company vehicles that were Ford's have that radio feature since 2001, my old construction bosses 03 GMC had it as well, but Dodge didn't jump on the band wagon till 2007??? Chrysler is supposed to have the by far best engineers, which is why Benz bought them years ago...

Alright, I figured such...

HemiMoparGuy1981, guessing by your name, we are the same age... kid

Old 08-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Marx
Record Breaker

benz bought them because Chrysler was going under and saw an opportunity to make some money, they soon sold it back now fiat is Chrysler's partner

i really don't see the point of memory radio but windows would be nice (curse you 06+ guys lol)

Old 08-17-2010, 06:52 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Marx

i really don't see the point of memory radio but windows would be nice (curse you 06+ guys lol)

Windows?

Quick Reply: No "Key On" Power at Radio??