3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help on throttle issue.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:26 PM
millzy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help on throttle issue.

So a few weeks ago, I took off my throttle body to clean it and then started getting the red lightening bolt of death when excelerating. After searching and reading the forum I figured that I probably screwed up the throttle body by manually moving the butterfly. Yesterday I received my new throttle body from Fastman and installed it tonight. During the install I unhooked the positive battery terminal. Before starting the truck, I followed the instructions for the PCM clear.

Now after driving the truck I am really confused. I can definately dirve more aggressively, but if I go over approx. 3500 rpm, I get the red lightening bolt again. Did the key trick and am throwing codes 2101 and 2110.
P2101 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Motor Circ Range/Perf
P2110 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Forced Limited RPM

Any clues on what to do next? I am at a loss.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:36 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by millzy
So a few weeks ago, I took off my throttle body to clean it and then started getting the red lightening bolt of death when excelerating. After searching and reading the forum I figured that I probably screwed up the throttle body by manually moving the butterfly. Yesterday I received my new throttle body from Fastman and installed it tonight. During the install I unhooked the positive battery terminal. Before starting the truck, I followed the instructions for the PCM clear.

Now after driving the truck I am really confused. I can definately dirve more aggressively, but if I go over approx. 3500 rpm, I get the red lightening bolt again. Did the key trick and am throwing codes 2101 and 2110.
P2101 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Motor Circ Range/Perf
P2110 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Forced Limited RPM

Any clues on what to do next? I am at a loss.

Try looking here.

B/C/P/U 2004-2006 codes in full details from AllData

Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a way to clear the codes? Just doing the PCM reset wont clear them (or at least going that rout has never worked for me). If you have a tuner you can clear them out or go down to a local autozone/checker/oreily/napa and see if they can clear the codes out. There may be a possibility that those codes are residual codes from your old TB not the fast man TB. So you need to make sure the codes have been 100% cleared before doing anything else.

Quick Reply: Please help on throttle issue.