3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help asap!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Denniss66
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

07 how many miles on it would it not be under warrenty still.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:33 PM
pjordan4477
Veteran

All right, let's get to the nitty gritty...

Bogged down while driving, sure that sounds like a tranny issue....

But for fun let's check the fuel filter, and while the filter is off give the key a turn and see if the fuel pump is working correctly.

Check the MAF sensor too. If all that fails pull plugs and check for wet spots, then check for spark.

Headlights and batteries, really???

Old 09-09-2010, 02:58 PM
PhotogTom
Veteran

Originally Posted by pjordan4477
Headlights and batteries, really???
It won't crank. Just the solenoid clicking, like a car does when the battery's weak.

From the first post:

"Well this evening when i got home and he told me about it i went to drive it and it wouldnt start. and its like it has a dead battery and clicks and attempts to turn the crank shaft and wont start it."
Diagnosis of the other issues would be a good deal easier if the OP could start the vehicle, IMHO.

Last edited by PhotogTom; 09-09-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh my bad, all I saw was transmission. I didn't read the whole deal. When mine did that it was 3 quarts low on tranny fluid so I filled it back up and all was good in the hood.

Next time I try to help out I will actually read the whole thing.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:34 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah I gotta agree, if it is clicking when you are trying to start it then it is likely the battery is dead. You are just going to have to try to jump it or charge it or replace it and go from there.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:06 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... dont call me stupid but check ur alternator..... my alternator went out in my jeep while i was driving it and i could barley make it home, it was boggin down and would not go above 30 mph and when i got back would even start....... again this is just a suggestion

Old 09-09-2010, 05:53 PM
nateroach
Veteran

I agree that the battery needs to be checked. if the alt shot craps and the battery was having to run everything your voltage can easily drop below 12V. I would think that the PCM would go into limp mode if it was seeing a low input voltage wouldn't it? as the others have stated, get the battery/starter issue figured out and move forward from there. Best of luck OP.

nateroach

Old 09-09-2010, 06:05 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pjordan4477
All right, let's get to the nitty gritty...

Bogged down while driving, sure that sounds like a tranny issue....

But for fun let's check the fuel filter, and while the filter is off give the key a turn and see if the fuel pump is working correctly.
What fuel filter? And where is it located?
Too the op, your battery is probably shot. Change out battery, take five minutes between batteries, That will give the pcm time to forget itself, and the truck will start to relearn your driving habits. I missed the term used , but thats the jist of it. The new egr could have sent the tranny into limp mode, but I doubt it.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:46 PM
pjordan4477
Veteran

My advise was a little too old school, I forget everything is electronic now.

Low voltage would kill the engine, since the PCM wouldn't tell things to fire. I would jump the vehicle to test things but if it happened while you were driving the vehicle, it's most likely the Altenator, as a good Alt would keep the truck going with a dead battery. Depending on the age of the battery, the complete drain it went through, may have trashed it.

Quick Reply: Please help asap!!!!!!!!!