3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trailmaster Lift Problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 03:02 PM
in5ane1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply! I understand where you are coming from. A buddy of mine is running the trailmaster on his gmc and loves it. I found it for $1100 w/shocks that's why I was thinking about getting this kit. I'm trying to do two things which is pretty hard: 1.) Get a decent lift that is dependable and doesn't cause too many issues 2.) Stay in a reasonable price range. I do want a 6" lift w/35's. I'm very new to this and would appreciate any direction. My other choice was a rough country lift for right under a thousand. Given these two, does anyone have a suggestion on a "better" option?

Old 05-11-2011, 04:20 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just be careful and get A LOT of info from guys who have THE EXACT kit you are looking for. You tend to get what you pay for and I've found the less expensive kits utilize a good bit of the stock parts which may/may not be up to the task vs. the more expensive kits that replace a good many of them with stronger/beefier parts.

My Rancho kit is only 4" and was $1700 BEFORE SHOCKS (although I stepped into a deal with free shipping and 4 RS9000x shocks for free). It replaces a LOT of components, like the tie rod ends and utilized a FULL sub-frame for support instead of just a single crossmember like some of the inexpensive kits.

I ain't saying you NEED to spend $2000 on a kit, but you really need to get input from guys who own the ones on the lower tier of pricing before you jump on one.

I know a couple lower priced kits out there DO NOT utilize drop brackets so their is A LOT of strain on the CV axles, front driveshaft and transfer case. Be mindful of that when shopping...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 05-11-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Trailmaster Lift Problems!!!!