3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

02 ram 4.7 starting problem (gas engine),starts hard on first key!,seckey right away

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:54 PM
bosanci28
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 02 ram 4.7 starting problem (gas engine),starts hard on first key!,seckey right away

i have the 2002 dodge ram 1500 2wd 4.7l
and i got this truck from a towing yard,,and i dont know how long the truck was siting there,
and for some reason it starts little hard,mostly on sec key, first key engine turn about 5-6 times,then i turn off and go on sec key and starts right away!,,

what i did ,,
engine runs good,,also stays at 600 rpms,changed sparg plugs with new once,
it has 80k miles,and no engine light at dash board,

also i took down the " idle air control valve" and clean it with carb or brake cleaner,,but same thing,,still the issue still there,

today i went to do the smog and it pass,,

so can anyone have any clue why it does that?

any help will appreciate!

thank you

Old 09-23-2010, 08:08 PM
bosanci28
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump,
please help,

one thing,,like i was saying in other tread i had my airbag light on,,and some one told me to touch positive and negative for 5,10 sec,,to reset the computer,,
maybe thats why is acting like this?,
i only drove the truck about 30 miles,from that reset,,even i was to do the smog and it fail monitors,and the ask me if i did a computer reset,,and i said yes,,and the said that i need to drive the truck about 100-150 miles so the computer to learn back,,

also all passed at some,emission passed,,only monitor faild,

so now i am confuse the truck starts even harder,hmm,

maybe from the reset ,,the computer does not give sparg in time when i turn the engine?

thanks,

Quick Reply: 02 ram 4.7 starting problem (gas engine),starts hard on first key!,seckey right away