3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Never so much trouble spending so much money!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Avanti
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Never so much trouble spending so much money!

Gone Fishin:

Thanks! I've used the link to send a message to Dodge: 1) recounting my experiences, 2) informing them I still don't know what is going on--am I getting the truck or not, 3) asking when and how will I know if the dealer cannot bother contacting and informing me, and 4) asking if anyone cares how business is being conducted out here "in-the-sticks."

I appreciate the help!

Old 06-07-2005, 12:15 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

I hope everything works out for you in the end. Let us know what they say.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Avanti
Captain

A couple days ago I contacted Dodge customer service via the e-mail address supplied here. They just replied and told me, in essense, to contact my salesman!!! Ha, ha... HA. I responded that hadn't worked yet and at this point I'd just like to know if the truck is still going to be built. When is irrelevant since my summer plans for the truck are down the crapper, anyway.

However, embedded in the nothing reply, Dodge did say that I could recontact them and request the order status... Of course, that's what I thought I'd just asked for... and they ignored the request. Now, I know who is training those in the hinter-lands, like my dealer and his salespersons.

Friday, I return to the dealer and am not leaving until the order is confirmed and documented somehow, or I get my deposit back. There will be an end to this foolishness.

Stay tuned... if you want the next installment.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:45 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

oOOoOo take a camara with you and record this.. i know something is gunna go down.. !

Old 06-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Avanti
Captain

BlackAcid:

I always carry a pocket digital camera/voice recorder. I may simply record whatever they tell me and if it's B.S., send it directly to Dodge--not that it'll matter, but I'll feel better. But, who knows, maybe Dodge will reply to my e-mail that all is well and I can take a copy to the Dealership and bring them up-to-speed, as it were. I love doing others jobs!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14944/6C1EFD8B7020413E82F94BFB97F5707F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-09-2005, 01:09 AM
salomonskier
Veteran

you are a much more calm person then me! If i was in your situation i think i would have gone off the deep end!

Old 06-09-2005, 03:24 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

If they give you crap about your deposit, tell them they broke the "contract" when it was not on the dealer lot when promised. This is such BS if you ask me. I'm suprised you haven't went and bought a Chebbie or a Ferd in spite. Ha-Ha J/K.....and companies wonder why they have pissed off customers and why thier sales continue to decline. Ever been to a Lexus dealer? Fantastic customer service, at least from the 3 seperate dealers I've been to.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Avanti
Captain

I've found out from Dodge that inorder to have them give me the status of my order I have to have the "unique vehicle order number (VON)." Guess where I get that? Right, the dealer. Ha, ha... HA!

Well, as I said, tomorrow we'll see... Got to go paint on the house and garage for a while; more pleasant than dealing with this, and I don't even like to paint.[:@]

Old 06-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Avanti
Captain

I just got back from the dealer. The interaction was cordial and the salesman didn't go running screaming into the shop when I walked in, though I accused him of that when he wasn't there and they had to page him. I think we finally had a meeting of the minds, cutting through the BS, and we will be getting the truck. I was gratified to see that our file was on top of the salesman's desk when they finally located him and we walked into his office. He was actually familiar with our order in some detail... finally.

The issue at this point is color, as has been the case all along. I'd simply have appreciated them being upfront about it and not lying to me. What we ordered was still on restriction as of yesterday. As I told the salesman, I've ordered enough vehicles to understand this situation; I just want to be kept informed along the way. I don't think that's unreasonable. The dealer is to make a final call to Dodge this afternoon to see if there is any chance of getting Mineral Metallic or not. And, they will actually CALL US this pm--a complete change of their actions, if it happens... We have been assured our second choice is no problem. I've learned that the final build date for '05s is the end of July. I suspect this is at least ball-park correct. Hence, we might not get a truck until August, but that's okay if it is exactly as we want.

Interestingly, when I asked for the "VON" (Vehicle Order Number) so that I can go to Dodge directly for status reports, the salesman stated that he didn't know this was possible. Well, at first he said he didn't know if he had the VON. I simply sat and scowled at him and he decided he did. Every special order customer automatically should be given this information and how to follow-along when they place an order, imho. When our truck does finally arrive (I'm again feeling confident one will eventually), I'll be writing a lengthy letter to both the dealer and Dodge Customer Service. It will be cathartic for me, even though I'm sure it will not affect the world as we know it, in any observable way.

I have been "assured" that by this evening we will positively know where we stand and exactly what we are getting. We've decided we are better off with the "right" truck the wrong color than starting over with something else. I've simply dealt with Mopar products too, too long to go with a different brand unless I just have to.

All the best from La La Land (that's Louiisana to y'all). It never ceases to amaze me!

Old 06-10-2005, 05:17 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Glad to hear you actually got some where. Hope you get your truck soon and in the Mineral Grey. Out of curiousity, what was your second color of choice? I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Quick Reply: Never so much trouble spending so much money!