3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Never so much trouble spending so much money!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Never so much trouble spending so much money!

Great to hear you're gonna get your truck.
I'll never understand why the salesmen in these dealerships think that they are always dealing with a bunch of mindless morons. If they would simply be up front with people, they actually would make more money. I've always felt I can respect anyone that can look me square in the eye and tell me the truth, whether its something I want to hear or not--I least then I know where I stand.

Hope you get what your trying for!!

Mabey you should sent the forum string to them :0) Like it'll make a difference!

Old 06-12-2005, 12:32 AM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I never had that much trouble when I got this silver rumble bee. When I ordered it, they ordered a wrong truck. Wasnt a sport, was a chrome one, but I got my srt-10 hood, but it with with all the chrome bumber, rear bumper, and chrome grill. (they didnt order the sport model) Well when I went in there, I started flipping out about how I am a 20 year old guy spending 40000 bucks and they couldnt even figure out that I probably wanted a sport model with my sport truck. They ended up taking apart a vehicle on the lot to outfit my truck with the sport bumpers and everything. And gave me a free sprayed bedliner and oilchange for pissing me off And I had the truck that day.

-adam

Old 06-12-2005, 01:39 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

mine was shipped from Medford, Oregon

Hemi Sport, 4x4 w/ floor shifter, RED.

the dealer, said that there was 2 "red hemi sport" trucks with the 4x4 floor shifter, avaliable.. one was in medford, and the other was in florida.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:47 AM
Avanti
Captain

"The Perils of Purchasing--A Ram," Chapter 37 (no, not really--just kinda feels like it)

For those who have followed along until now, and to those who have taken the time to comment and commiserate, my thanks. I think we are nearing the end of this saga. I left the A/C off in the house yesterday afternoon, and all the windows open so I could hear the phone ring while painting the outside of the house (yes, I'm a dinosaur with neither a cell-phone nor a portable). Midafternoon I get a call, it's the Dodge dealer... after 8 months they've finally figured out how to contact me, a big step in the right direction! I was expecting to hear, "No more mineral gray."

Instead, was that the dealer had been on the phone on and off most of the afternoon and Chrysler had found a truck "close" to what I ordered. I'm thinking, "Yeah, sure. Like the SLT on your lot you wanted to sell me is "close." But, I had to take it all back, because two states away they'd found exactly the same truck, but with some extras. However, all the critical stuff was correct: model, color, engine/tranny, towing package, 3.92 limited slip, and cruise. WOW! However, it has an oem drop-in bedliner (I could care less), cloth seats, and "probably carpet."

I ordered vinyl and rubber to facilitate cleaning Bonneville salt out of the cab, but I can deal with this with a "slush-proof" mat or some such. So, now we get to the important part, how many miles (they didn't know and would call back--19 as it turned out--I didn't want a demo, i.e. one that bozos like the two bumpkins on the hemi TV ads had test-driven every day for the last six months). Next, was bucks. I said, "What do I get out of this for my trouble?" The response, and this coming from the dealer's money-man, not my late-arriving saleman, was, "How does a thousand less than the one you ordered sound?" I said, make sure it is trailered and NOT driven and you've got a deal. It will be done, was the reply. Back to work...

Phone rings and I run into the house... it's my mother-in-law four states away checking if we were making progress on the truck. "Yeah, but ya gotta get off the phone so they can call back." Fine and dandy. A genuinely sweet lady. When they did call back an hour and half later with the exact mileage, I asked a few more questions I'd thought of while painting and waiting--all was good to go; they'd already cut a check to the Alabama dealer, were lining up a driver, and the truck should be ready to pick up (no pun intended) Tuesday.

An hour later I got an e-mail response from Dodge that my original order had been cancelled. No delay there!

Assuming this works as planned, I think I've gotten an outstanding deal. I believe the dealer finally got in gear to make this thing happen. All it would have taken all along for me to have been satisfied is as was suggested above, concern, communication, honesty, along with a willingness to make things right, within there limited powers. I think they finally did the last of those quite well.

So, as of Tuesday, I hope, "LET THE MODS BEGIN!"

Later. (oh yeah, second color choice was silver, though it is too light for my taste; all the black trim shows up about like on white[:'(] ).

Quick Reply: Never so much trouble spending so much money!