3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help, transmission.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Dunno207
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, transmission.

Ok, so a month or so ago I had to have my transmission overhauled. And just now on the way to work. As I was turning onto the highway, the truck just rev'd up as if it was in Neutral. Of course the Engine light came on. Thinking it had to do with the chip I just put on i returned it to stock tune and tryed to leave and it was good till about a mile down the road and it did the same thing. So I rolled into work, nothings leaking fluids are fine. I checked the codes and it was a TCM code the general P0700 code and I think P944 the Loss of Prime in the Hydraulic Pump. When it rev's I cant move at all just stuck but I can turn the truck off for a minute and turn it back on and it will creep slowly struggling to move. Im having it towed from work to the shop I had it worked onto in the morning, just wondering if anyone has had or has heard of this?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:58 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Well we can guess what you already know but I cant come up with much more. Something inside went screwy. At least it is under warranty being it was freshly built. Please let us know what they find out

Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Dunno207
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update, truck got to the shop and again theres metal shavings in the pan and its throwing codes. They'll tear it apart again next week so hopefully I know soon.

Quick Reply: Need help, transmission.