3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Flush

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 07:42 PM
bigbillhemi03
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buggsy that link doesnt work and I've been looking for a DIY tranny fluid change. Anyone help? 03 hemi.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Buggsy
Professional

Originally Posted by bigbillhemi03
Buggsy that link doesnt work and I've been looking for a DIY tranny fluid change. Anyone help? 03 hemi.
Looks like the guy let his domain expire. It's a shame as it was a good guide. I do have a copy of the webpage. If you PM me your email address, I'll send it to you.

On a related note, if anyone wants to re-host it, also PM me and I'll send you what I have. It's a good write up, and should probably be in the FAQ section here.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:12 PM
therogue19090
Rookie

I change my trans fluid and filter religiously every 60k , this way you can see if there is any junk in the pan like metal shavings and clutch debris. I have 160 k on mine now and knock wood its still pulling good. Every time I start to get a little shift issue that has always fixed it and it was always around the time it was due for an oil change. I may look into having the converter drilled for a plug , in the old days you could do that not sure if these converters have a designated spot for a drain plug.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Buggsy
On a related note, if anyone wants to re-host it, also PM me and I'll send you what I have. It's a good write up, and should probably be in the FAQ section here.
Thats a great idea. Post a thread with all the info and pics if you can or do it in a PDF and LMK so i can move it to the FAQs.

Quick Reply: Transmission Flush