3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

whining noise Opinions? Still stumped

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011 | 01:48 AM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ice-Forever
Yeah, I totally know what you mean.

I would do it myself with my friends dad, but he said it's a pretty long job to do...and given that, every time I work on some thing on my truck it takes like twice as long as it needs to...I figured for a few hundred bucks I would rather just take it to a trusted shop and not even mess with it.

That tru trac is like 400 by itself...Did you regear too or something?

Cuz he told me it would be 300 labor, then whatever the parts cost...My buddy over at Oreilly told me he can get the gear install kit with all the bearings, races, etc for like 100 bucks...so hopefully im not looking at more than 400 for this
No my guy was high but the going rate at other shops were around the same. I used the best shop in my area, well known and reputable so i'm fine with that. Plus I would rather give business to the little man rather than a bigger company.

Old 01-27-2011 | 02:31 AM
Ice-Forever
|
All Star

Originally Posted by kx250frider617
No my guy was high but the going rate at other shops were around the same. I used the best shop in my area, well known and reputable so i'm fine with that. Plus I would rather give business to the little man rather than a bigger company.
Yeah, that's why I was happy that my buddies directed me to a shop where one of them had the same kind of work done and it's a small garage.

They called me back today and it came out to $342. Not as bad as I was afraid of lol.

Nooooo, they can't get me in until mid next week they said

Last edited by Ice-Forever; 01-28-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: whining noise Opinions? Still stumped