3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

26" Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:42 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woah jasonraines, take it easy. I know how it is when people dont like your truck but all that matters is that you like it. hey i like it. i mean when you have a 2wd you shouldnt lift it like many of the other posers (both 2wd and 4wd) who put big mudding tires and they maybe drove once through some grass to back out of their driveway. even the people who have stock 4wd and they never used it before. my dad has a 04 2wd tundra and he's towed way more than many of the people who have dually diesel 4x4s and then since we have a ranch, hes also been through way more mud too. having a ranch means a lot of work and equipment. we have tractors, 4 wheelers, boats and other odds and ends. of course my truck hasnt done this because its just for driving to school and around town. I have to admit i like your truck and am pretty jealous of those 26's. how much did they cost b/c i may upgrade my 22s in a couple years to something bigger, maybe not 26's. how bad is the ride though b/c i know its not gonna be soft

Old 01-24-2009, 10:54 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

also can everyone take it easy on the new guy. dont hate his truck because he doesnt like to put leveling kits and 33" tires or have the same 20s like many of the forum members here. its not too often you see a truck like his with a lot of hard work put in. im sure that paint job wasnt cheap. sometimes a little different can be good, as long as he didnt do that to a 4wd, im ok. i hate to see good 4x4s go to waste. besides we're all dodge members here. its good to have a little diversity. ive seen some ford and chevy guys rolling on 26s with two tone paint and i also see 4x4s with lifts. every forum gots em whether you like it or not.
can all the people with 24's or 26's post some pics. lets see something new for a change

Old 01-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jasonraines
Dont be mad b/c your truck is gay and pooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 26's and im f'n proud bitc*!!!!!!! Its not my fault burgerking does not pay enough for you to get bigger rims. Haters goto hell
Hmmmm.....

*Uses slang terms
*Has 26"s
*Thinks your wheels size is based off your income
*Calls others "Haters"
*From New Orleans

I could guess something about you but it would probably violate terms&agreement

Old 01-25-2009, 01:10 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jasonraines
Dont be mad b/c your truck is gay and pooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 26's and im f'n proud bitc*!!!!!!! Its not my fault burgerking does not pay enough for you to get bigger rims. Haters goto hell
Hey, you left your handle about 20 yards back there when you completely flew off it for no reason. But fyi, I doubt anyone here works at Burger King. And from the sounds of it, you are the one who is the hater. He say a personal opinion, and you go psycho on us. And something else, people who make jackassed comments like that are usually the really immature ones who are the stereotyped retards who catfight.

Now on the subject of 26" rims.
Your truck doesn't look bad. The sidewall is too thin, and if you ever come on here with a thread about bending your rim, I really hope no one feels sorry for you. Those tires are a waste of money, all that material makes them even heavier, so they have no real functionality, other than looking retarded. Now if you drop your truck, it will look even more ridiculous. The plain facts are that those big rims are only designed to fit on semis, which they fit a big enough tire to give you a reasonable amount of sidewall, and enough power to turn them. The biggest rim that should be made is 22" rims, and those ones that look good are the SRT-10 rims. I hate America's definition of a sweet truck. They look so ridiculous, it's not even funny.
Two things of a truck, a quadcab should never be offered in 2wd, and trucks shouldn't be lowered, unless they are a complete performance truck. It's funny to see a truck that is all show and no go. Lowered, SRT-10 hood with Ram Air intake, and some performance tires, and pop the hood to find a little v6 in it. A truck is designed to be used for it's pulling power, and it's ride height. If you want it low to the ground and to have small sidewalls, buy a car. Simple as that, you just ruin a truck lowering it and giving it all that "bling".

Old 01-25-2009, 01:41 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Hey, you left your handle about 20 yards back there when you completely flew off it for no reason. But fyi, I doubt anyone here works at Burger King. And from the sounds of it, you are the one who is the hater. He say a personal opinion, and you go psycho on us. And something else, people who make jackassed comments like that are usually the really immature ones who are the stereotyped retards who catfight.

Now on the subject of 26" rims.
Your truck doesn't look bad. The sidewall is too thin, and if you ever come on here with a thread about bending your rim, I really hope no one feels sorry for you. Those tires are a waste of money, all that material makes them even heavier, so they have no real functionality, other than looking retarded. Now if you drop your truck, it will look even more ridiculous. The plain facts are that those big rims are only designed to fit on semis, which they fit a big enough tire to give you a reasonable amount of sidewall, and enough power to turn them. The biggest rim that should be made is 22" rims, and those ones that look good are the SRT-10 rims. I hate America's definition of a sweet truck. They look so ridiculous, it's not even funny.
Two things of a truck, a quadcab should never be offered in 2wd, and trucks shouldn't be lowered, unless they are a complete performance truck. It's funny to see a truck that is all show and no go. Lowered, SRT-10 hood with Ram Air intake, and some performance tires, and pop the hood to find a little v6 in it. A truck is designed to be used for it's pulling power, and it's ride height. If you want it low to the ground and to have small sidewalls, buy a car. Simple as that, you just ruin a truck lowering it and giving it all that "bling".
ried69 is right, i dont think anyone here works at the BK. who would work there and can afford to buy a truck. The real money is at McDonalds
I dont know, sometimes there needs to be some trucks with all show. If every truck was souped up like a SRT 10, how boring.
And if your truck is just for show, then why would you need a hemi. it really doesnt matter whats moving it around then. believe it or not, there some car "SHOWS" where the cars are all "SHOW" and that is how they judge them. Then again there are car races where the cars are judged on how fast they are

and as i said before jasonraines, you need to think about your attitude. you sound like a little (swearing) kid who has a temper tantrum when something doesnt go his way

Last edited by raminator08; 01-25-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:43 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

The show cars are also judged on how much show their engines have also. You work outside and inside on these vehicles. So you need some performance and exterior mods.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:55 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
The show cars are also judged on how much show their engines have also. You work outside and inside on these vehicles. So you need some performance and exterior mods.
well, you could just hide the tiny engine by covering it in chrome performance parts. I see those on tuners (not ricers) like on Fast and Furious, under the hood looks really nice even though its just a little 4 cyl.
i suppose on a truck it would be different, but the concept is still the same. theyre not going to judge you on how fast it goes at a car show

Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM
jasonraines

wow... didnt mean to get all u guys pissed off. I just think is is lame to have a forum that is asking if 26's will fit on a dodge ram, i come across the forum, join the site to give my opinion and HARD PROOF that this is very much possible and post a pic of my truck to hear nothing but negative comments of how my truck looks like **** and it is pointless.... whatever. i understand big rims and a low truck is not for everyone, but this is the kinda truck i am into. I would never talk down about any of u guys with lift kits and 35" tires or whatever u like..I love a big mud truck as much as a low truck with big wheels, but the mud truck must be a 4x4 in my opinion. The point is if u dont want to talk about 26's, dont like big rims,think big rims are dumb... ect... WHY ARE U EVEN ON THIS FORUM TALKING ABOUT 26" wheels. And burger king pays like 12 dollars an hour by my house... check out the angry whopper... its a beast.

Last edited by jasonraines; 01-25-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 AM
jasonraines

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Hmmmm.....

*Uses slang terms
*Has 26"s
*Thinks your wheels size is based off your income
*Calls others "Haters"
*From New Orleans

I could guess something about you but it would probably violate terms&agreement

yea well... say what u have to say buddy!!!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:55 AM
jmr
Rookie

I think his truck looks very clean, give him a break. If you don't like it that's you opinion....we all have one.

Quick Reply: 26" Rims