3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

26" Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:26 PM
irelandshemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey jason how bout we just calm down and relax, and jmr im sure everyones had people say things about there tuck they didnt agree with but its nothing to start an argument over or be an As$ everyone does have an opinion and a right to say it without having be told its becuase they cant afford what they dont like on the other persons truck becuase they work for a fastfood company or along those lines

Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just want to say you can fit a 30" wheel now i cant remember who its by I just now that my wheel guy was just messing around but try to make me get them and you would only have to do a level to fit them underneath and i think thats a sweet truck its just different then what is normally seen on this forum

Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasonraines
wow... didnt mean to get all u guys pissed off. I just think is is lame to have a forum that is asking if 26's will fit on a dodge ram, i come across the forum, join the site to give my opinion and HARD PROOF that this is very much possible and post a pic of my truck to hear nothing but negative comments of how my truck looks like **** and it is pointless.... whatever. i understand big rims and a low truck is not for everyone, but this is the kinda truck i am into. I would never talk down about any of u guys with lift kits and 35" tires or whatever u like..I love a big mud truck as much as a low truck with big wheels, but the mud truck must be a 4x4 in my opinion. The point is if u dont want to talk about 26's, dont like big rims,think big rims are dumb... ect... WHY ARE U EVEN ON THIS FORUM TALKING ABOUT 26" wheels. And burger king pays like 12 dollars an hour by my house... check out the angry whopper... its a beast.
this thread was started in 05...four years ago lol

Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

ITs ALIVE.............ITs ALIIIIIIVE!!!!!

Well, to the jason cat, I personally like your truck. I love all kinds/styles of rides, and can respect folk's individual tastes. Its certain mentalities that I don't get along with. That goes with the whole "ricer" theme, its not the car that makes it a ricer, its the driver.

And to raminator...... kudos to you for being the forum mediator I prefer lifted trucks now, but my first truck ever was a little mitsubishi mighty max that was low enough to drag a drink can across the parking lot.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:18 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

damn what the hell has this forum become???
this is just rediculous (not your truck, but they way peopel take INTERNET comments to heart, its a forum expect negative and positve comments regardless what the topic is)
sometimes i wish i had the delete thread power.. no need for internet tough guys especially here at dodgeforum.

TO EACH HIS OWN .................................................. .......

Old 01-25-2009, 04:30 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

the only acceptable big wheels:

Old 01-25-2009, 04:40 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Thank you Derrick for clearing that up. That's true. You need enough room in the wheel wells to fit a big enough sidewall on the tire. The 26" rims wouldn't look bad if you had a big enough lift. If not, they just don't look right.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:39 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

jason, you never answered my question. look back to page 5, last part of first post

ridinhigh, ive only seen 30" rim on a hummer
http://image.importtuner.com/f/edito...-inch-rims.jpg
i cant imagine how it would look on a ram. they probably spent just $10G on tires alone. i do think that is a waste of a hummer. i kind of like it but hummer spends all of its research on off-roading and people ruin their hard work by doing that. on a 2wd street truck, thatd be a different story. not every truck needs to be lifted and have enormous sidewall. sometimes, you need something to cruise the road next to the beach, not the beach itself. as i said before, im fine with lifts and 4wd as long as you use it. Here that all you 4wd owners. I expect pictures of you crossing the Grand Canyon by next week

ried69, if he put a lift on it, that will defeat the purpose of me saying that lifted 2wd are a waste. besides it looks good to me and he should definitely not lower it. Different is good, remember that. We wouldnt have electricity or cars if everyone did not like anything new.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:45 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 4.7Ram5.7Rango
ITs ALIVE.............ITs ALIIIIIIVE!!!!!

Well, to the jason cat, I personally like your truck. I love all kinds/styles of rides, and can respect folk's individual tastes. Its certain mentalities that I don't get along with. That goes with the whole "ricer" theme, its not the car that makes it a ricer, its the driver.

And to raminator...... kudos to you for being the forum mediator I prefer lifted trucks now, but my first truck ever was a little mitsubishi mighty max that was low enough to drag a drink can across the parking lot.
thanks, im just trying to keep everyone from killing each other (not literally of course but verbally). im just tired of everyone hating street trucks that dont have a hood scoop
i feel sorry for you with that mighty max. ive seen go carts bigger than them. Got any pics. by the way, this is my first truck

Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Nah, no pics. It was a trip though. At 17 I was 6ft 260-270. Made this even funnier. I had to sit down sideways, then swing my feet in.

The truck had 2 1/2% tint on the sides, spraypainted back window, and at least an 8in-low windshield banner, spraypainted. Plus, when lowering it, I messed up one of the rear shocks, and just didnt put the front ones back. Sooooo, talk about a rough ride. The football buddies in the back hated that free ride

Now my opinion is the same of a druggie, the higher the better

Last edited by 4.7Ram5.7Rango; 01-25-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 26" Rims