3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

26" Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:48 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raminator08
Yeah, I just getting tired of people putting 22's and bigger rims on a Hummer. They bought the wrong truck to do this in. In fact, most people I see do this to their hummer. I guess its because theres not much else you can do since the hummer already has some big offroad tires stock (35")
You should get some black 26's and black the rest of the truck out. That would look sweet. I've always loved blacked out but since my truck came with chrome 22's, I though chrome extras would look better although I dont want too much chrome.
Honestly, I don't think that the Hummer is the wrong truck to put big rims on. I think that that is the only thing you could do to it since it isn't an off-road vehicle like they advertise it to be.

As for my truck, I was thinking black rims with a chrome lip. I really like the whole blacked out look too, but I've seen a lot of trucks with that look here in San Diego and want to do something a bit different. I'm gonna keep all my chrome and badges on and just add some rims. Should look slick. There was a dude on here a while back (more than 6 months ago) who had a 2007 Ram and did the same thing that I'm talking about. He inspired me =P Lol. No, he gave me a better idea of what I want to do with my truck. Anyone remember that guy?

Old 01-27-2009, 05:55 PM
jasonraines

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
well I didn't feel like reading all the way into this thread. I just looked for the picture. But I bet its a bunch of people pissin and moaning like they all have been lately. I really like your truck. Did you do the paint once you bought it or was it already like that. Could you take a picture from the front of the truck? Thanks for putting yourself out for public criticism. nice truck BTW
thanks man, i painted the truck after i bought it. she was stock with the factory 20's painted dark blue similar to what the top color on my truck is now.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
jasonraines

Originally Posted by 2005cobrakiller
ooooh what if you put 26" rims with 54 inch boggers on them.... that would be sick as hell .... the rock climbers are using larger rims now because of the side to side pitch rediuction
hell yea!!!!! im down with some 26" rims and some mudders. That would be something that you wouldnt see too often. I might do that when its time for new tires. lmao

Old 01-27-2009, 06:49 PM
damien1023
Veteran

Old 01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
InfernoRedHemi
Veteran

The point of exterior mods are to customize and make your truck unique. Right? Even if you would never do that to your truck doesn't make it stupid. It is about change and what more people are doing and some people don't want to accept the different look. So whether you are raising or lowering your truck this forum is here to help people with their trucks. I want to thank you, jasonraines, for signing up on this forum and hopefully teaching somebody in the process about diversity.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:43 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HighDuke1911
Honestly, I don't think that the Hummer is the wrong truck to put big rims on. I think that that is the only thing you could do to it since it isn't an off-road vehicle like they advertise it to be.

As for my truck, I was thinking black rims with a chrome lip. I really like the whole blacked out look too, but I've seen a lot of trucks with that look here in San Diego and want to do something a bit different. I'm gonna keep all my chrome and badges on and just add some rims. Should look slick. There was a dude on here a while back (more than 6 months ago) who had a 2007 Ram and did the same thing that I'm talking about. He inspired me =P Lol. No, he gave me a better idea of what I want to do with my truck. Anyone remember that guy?
actually someone at my school last year had a black quad cab and he put black 24's 5 spoke with a chrome line in the spokes, looked pretty sweet. in my town i saw a Univerisity of Texas (burnt orange and white school colors) Ram. the dealer had chrome 22's with burnt orange line in the spoke and painted the emblems burnt orange and added UT decals. i thought it should have been the mascot. i mean a hemi is way better than basically a skinny cow with horns

Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by InfernoRedHemi
The point of exterior mods are to customize and make your truck unique. Right? Even if you would never do that to your truck doesn't make it stupid. It is about change and what more people are doing and some people don't want to accept the different look. So whether you are raising or lowering your truck this forum is here to help people with their trucks. I want to thank you, jasonraines, for signing up on this forum and hopefully teaching somebody in the process about diversity.
nicely put.
hey, when are you going to do something unique to your truck

Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM
InfernoRedHemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by raminator08
nicely put.
hey, when are you going to do something unique to your truck
Hopefully not to long from now, but I have to pay it off and save some money for college first.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i agree with everyone else...waste of money and tires will be ungodly expensive....hell you could buy another truck for what it'd cost for a set of tires.....like the others said, anything over 22" is a waste

Old 01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
jasonraines

Originally Posted by InfernoRedHemi

Thanks buddy, i totally agree with your opinion... it would be a lame world if everyone had that exact same ride. There are a lot of mods i dont care for personally such as cars with 26's jacked up aka donks but i dont down them for building one i just dont want to drive one!!! Thanks for being supportive

Quick Reply: 26" Rims