3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

in dash "P R N D 2 1" all are selected??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 10:45 PM
TWood7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with our truck after replacing the tranny. We just bought the 23 way connector wire harness kit. Connected everything , truck has started but all gears are still all lit up. Any suggestions?

Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 PM
NCandace Sopha
Default Did u find out why it was selecting all gears

Originally Posted by ehlersa
hynes,
did you ever find a resolution to your issue? I have the same issue of all gears being selected on the dash, but my truck won't turn over. Wondering if you figured it out. Thanks.
have you found out why your vehicle was selecting every gear

Old 02-03-2021, 04:58 PM
johnny trevino
Default Hey everyone

So i changed out my heater core on my 2000 dodge dakota & i had to remove the whole dash, after replacing everything and putting all back together, i get a code p1698 and all the gears are selected on the dash, i can shift through all the gears while driving & before trying to fix the heater core everything worked fine , the truck currently doesnot want to shift on its own and takes forever to pick up speed from 0. Ive continuity checked the wires from each individal pin from end to end behind the dash, checked fuses, relays, grounds, bought a new tcm, and continuity checked the wires from the jc3 connection point at the fire wall all the way to the ccd bus,pcm & the tcm, everything checked out oky, what is my next trouble shooting step?

Old 02-03-2021, 04:58 PM
johnny trevino
Default Hey everyone

So i changed out my heater core on my 2000 dodge dakota & i had to remove the whole dash, after replacing everything and putting all back together, i get a code p1698 and all the gears are selected on the dash, i can shift through all the gears while driving & before trying to fix the heater core everything worked fine , the truck currently doesnot want to shift on its own and takes forever to pick up speed from 0. Ive continuity checked the wires from each individal pin from end to end behind the dash, checked fuses, relays, grounds, bought a new tcm, and continuity checked the wires from the jc3 connection point at the fire wall all the way to the ccd bus,pcm & the tcm, everything checked out oky, what is my next trouble shooting step?

Old 02-03-2021, 09:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Something is unplugged, or not plugged in tight enough.

Old 01-21-2022, 07:26 PM
RealityFalse

Originally Posted by johnny trevino

Were you ever able to determine a fix? I am in the same position.

Old 06-30-2023, 01:12 AM
Two88
Default 2004 dodge durango 5.7 hemi Boxes around all P R N D 1 2 and wont start

Originally Posted by hynes9000
sometimes when I start my truck up (2008 dodge ram 5.7L) every gear selection in the dash has a square around it (selected) and they all stay selected until I put it in "D". Do anyone know what the heck is going on??

i have a 2004 dodge durango 5.7L hemi that was running perfectly fine, got home, shut it off, the next day went to start it and all the lights and everything worked normal but it just clicked. So of course first thing i think is dead battery, so go buy a brand new battery and no difference, still just clicks. So then it must be the starter right? Go buy a brand new one, and nothing, just click. Spent weeks of thinking, replacing all my fuses exc. Turns out all it was was the simple ground wire. I guess it is a super common problem with these suvs.

So if you have boxes around all ur gear indicators and it just clicks when u go to start it and you’re getting power to everything else check that little ground wire!! And no not the ground wire on your battery but the one on the truck itself! Hope I helped someone..only reason i signed up for this, so no one has to go threw everything i did just over a wire..oh p.s i just remembered i saw someone else show a pic of the ground wire somewhere in this thread👍

Old 07-03-2023, 04:57 PM
FabricGATOR
Professional
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Welcome

Originally Posted by Two88
i have a 2004 dodge durango 5.7L hemi that was running perfectly fine, got home, shut it off, the next day went to start it and all the lights and everything worked normal but it just clicked. So of course first thing i think is dead battery, so go buy a brand new battery and no difference, still just clicks. So then it must be the starter right? Go buy a brand new one, and nothing, just click. Spent weeks of thinking, replacing all my fuses exc. Turns out all it was was the simple ground wire. I guess it is a super common problem with these suvs.

So if you have boxes around all ur gear indicators and it just clicks when u go to start it and you’re getting power to everything else check that little ground wire!! And no not the ground wire on your battery but the one on the truck itself! Hope I helped someone..only reason i signed up for this, so no one has to go threw everything i did just over a wire..oh p.s i just remembered i saw someone else show a pic of the ground wire somewhere in this thread👍
WELCOME to the forum! You ROCK!

I am new here too but been Mopar for a decade. YES, that pesky ground spider. We see this often on chryslerminivan.net.
I opened this to help someone out and YOU BEAT ME TO IT... Good on ya
Cheers!

I regularly add this statement:I hope this helps you.

Please return and tell how this information worked for you, what you find, and how you eventually fix your vehicle (even if it is that you brought it to a mechanic / dealership for repair)
It is your feedback and final repair report that will make these forums useful to others in the future.
Many times I search and find the same exact fault that I am having, someone suggests how to fix it, the patron follows the suggestion and then never returns to say YEA! or NAY...

The forum thread just goes dead because the person fixed their fault and has not a care to offer the answer anymore. Please don't be that guy.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: in dash "P R N D 2 1" all are selected??