3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to Remove Wood Grain Dash Trim

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 PM
meltorres
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Remove Wood Grain Dash Trim

I have a 2006 Dodge 1500 Larime and it has the stock navigation headunit with the woodgrain trim around it. Does anyone know if this dash trim can be removed so that I can paint it or do you just have to tape everything off in order to paint the thing

Name:  dodgewoodgrain.jpg
Views: 5053
Size:  57.8 KB

Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 PM
CBell82001

I have an 06 but not with the nav system, and my entire wood trim panel comes out. A few hidden screws but take your time and youll get it out. I had to remove the cupholders and the trim piece behind it in order to remove two screws and then the woodgrain snapped out.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Matt99
Champion

I dont think you can pull the woodgrain off, You will probably have to tape it off. I might be wrong

CBell, Im sure he knows how to get the whole panel off, hes wanting the center woodgrain piece.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:11 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sigh, if I also had the nav unit I would offer to swap you, but I have the Sirius radio w/2 dials. This center section is all one plastic piece, so yes you will have to mask off what you don't want to paint... I probably have a picture of mine in the garage.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:15 AM
CBell82001

Originally Posted by Matt99
I dont think you can pull the woodgrain off, You will probably have to tape it off. I might be wrong

CBell, Im sure he knows how to get the whole panel off, hes wanting the center woodgrain piece.
In my truck the entire radio cover, which is woodgrain, was clipped in over the radio, the enitire piece snapped out and then u can paint it etc.. I wasnt trying to imply that you could peel off the wood grain.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM
NHHEMI
Professional

STOP!!!!! Don't waste your time painting it. There is a much better and easier way.

There is a big market for the NAV style center bezels( used for aftermarket radios ). Lots of people want the wood grain too although to be honest the light wood grain of the 06/07 is not as popular as the darker 08. You can easily sell your bezel and get a new MOPAR one, get a used OE one with the silver or black, or even trade with someone who has silver/black and wants woodgrain.

You can drop in to any dealer and buy a new MOPAR one for approx $100-$110 or look on E-Bay( TONS there ). Check out the classifieds on this and other truck forums too. The Nav ready bezels are actually a lot cheaper than the ones for the stock radios with ***** believe it or not.

I got my regular bezel with the woodgrain for my 08 on E-Bay for $40 shipped. It was a new take off from a dealer who replaced it with the nav bezel for the customer buying the truck. I had to wait and watch for a while( 2-3 weeks )but I found it.

Don't even waste your time with painting unless you are set on color matching your exterior.

Quick Reply: How to Remove Wood Grain Dash Trim