3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 Hemi Ram..engine fan on all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 04:19 AM
dakotatrevor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My clutch fan has never come on for me.

My cooling fan for the a/c compressor is on any temperature above freezing, as long as the a/c or defrost is on. It seems excessive to me, as the compressor is cool to the touch, and the lines arn't even that hot.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Rich 2500
Veteran

I think we had a similar post sometime back where the fella was confusing the AC fan with the engine cooling fan.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Josh Dixon
Default 04 durango 5.7 sounds rough

Recently while I was out of town my brother in law replaced my radiator and water pump for my wife on our durango. Now when you drive it the thing sounds like crap. It runs at normal temp but sounds like it's running hot like it would on a hot day with the a/c on. Any advice?

Old 10-22-2015, 05:58 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Sounds" like it's running hot? Since he didn't change the clutch, you should investigate its performance. If the fan is running when the motor's at normal temp, you should be able to stop the fan with a rolled-up newspaper.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:35 AM
Josh Dixon

Originally Posted by MikeHTally
"Sounds" like it's running hot? Since he didn't change the clutch, you should investigate its performance. If the fan is running when the motor's at normal temp, you should be able to stop the fan with a rolled-up newspaper.
Yes. Sounds like the motor is running at high rpm but it's not. I will try the newspaper trick in the morning and see what happens. It sounds like the fan is running high all the time when driving.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:07 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing to try is see if the fan will spin fairly easily when it's cold. It won't free-wheel, but it'll turn easily. If it's hot, it'll be difficult to turn.

Quick Reply: 07 Hemi Ram..engine fan on all the time?