3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need some help! LT Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Huntman05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any welding involved or is everything bolt on?

Old 05-02-2011, 12:27 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

IDK about the TTI LTs but the Pacesetter LTs have to be weld at the collectors unless you weld a ball and socket type flange and use that to bolt to

Old 05-02-2011, 01:25 PM
popdog
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the full TTI kit so yes it's a ball and socket flange connection. No need to weld. Will do a video of everything when it's done.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by weedahoe
IDK about the TTI LTs but the Pacesetter LTs have to be weld at the collectors unless you weld a ball and socket type flange and use that to bolt to
Thats a big negative. Depending hoe you do your setup you dont have to weld a thing with the pacesetters. If you go with their Y pipe for example it is all bolt on - no welding.

Welding anything to the collectors is just asking for trouble later on down the road should you need to remove them.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:19 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Ah sorry. Ive never used a Y pipe so I didnt know that. THX

Old 05-10-2011, 07:46 PM
popdog
Veteran

Yeah I finally took off the heat shields and everything to spray the bolts down with PB Blaster. They really don't look bad, not sure what my friend was talking about, think he was in a rush and was looking at the wrong bolts. Anyway, I've got an appointment to have them replaced tomorrow, after that i'll tackle the headers. I may try to get them on this weekend in the driveway unless I run into issues and need a sawzall or something

Old 05-10-2011, 07:52 PM
popdog
Veteran

On a side note - weed i notice you are no longer using the wheel well guard things as i can see your headers in your sig pic. Is this because they no longer fit afterwards? Also, if i run without them should i be concerned about snow/mud/water getting up in things without them there?

Old 05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

They'll still fit, no issues with the headers and the wheel well liners as far as fitment goes. You will probably need a sawzall though for the tab on the transmission. Also be sure to piece you setup together BEFORE you take anything off, pacesetters quality control is not to great, for mine the tabs on the collectors needed ground down and heat shield on the floor board needed needed about a softball size dent pounded into it because the tab on the passenger side was in the wrong spot.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:49 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by popdog
On a side note - weed i notice you are no longer using the wheel well guard things as i can see your headers in your sig pic. Is this because they no longer fit afterwards? Also, if i run without them should i be concerned about snow/mud/water getting up in things without them there?
I still have my OEM wheel liners. You just see my headers more because I have a body lift. Do NOT driver the truck W/O the front wheel liners. You will sling everything imaginable on all the electrical components like the APPS and PDC.

Quick Reply: Need some help! LT Headers