3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'03 5.7L randomly lopes and stalls

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM
e1diab1o
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 5.7L randomly lopes and stalls

Seen a couple threads that were similar but for 04-05 trucks. So here's MY situation...

Truck will start fine, run fine, but randomly when I'm either sitting at a light for too long or have been coasting at low speeds (10-20mph) and try to accelerate it will make a really rough lope and just stall out. Doesnt matter if I try to give it a little gas, put it in neutral or anything else you can come up with. I had bought new O2 sensors and tried to put them on prior to this, unfortunately the the upstream sensor was completely rusted into the pipe so i left both of them alone until i had more time to mess with em. After i turned the truck back on, MIL light came on and was showing 2 codes, P0132, and P0132 pd. The next day is when the truck started loping and stalling on me. I replaced both of the sensors with Bosch 13664/13610 O2 sensors and left my battery disconnected for at least 24hours to get rid of the codes. After driving it for a few miles, the MIL light came back on, the truck started showing the same symptoms, and the same codes came back.

If anyone has any input, that'd be great. I'm kind of stumped at this point....
Thanks in advance

Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A throttle body cleaning is in order. A dose of Sea Foam won't hurt, either. May need plugs, too. P0132 is o2 sensor circuit high voltage. Are those connectors tight?

Old 05-11-2011, 11:53 PM
e1diab1o
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took out the throttle body and scrubbed it with a tooth brush for an hour. Its spotless... ive triple checked the connections they seem fine. The plugs were replaced a little over 20k miles ago...

Quick Reply: '03 5.7L randomly lopes and stalls