3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help finding an interior part

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 PM
maffud
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help finding an interior part

Hi. I am looking for a particular interior part, and I am not sure what it might be called in online catalogs. I could not find a parts schematic anywhere that would give me a part number with an image to be sure it's the right piece.
The part I am looking for is called the "Airbag Control Module Cover" or ACM Cover in the service manual. It's the piece shown in the attached diagram. Just a simple cosmetic cover. It's missing from my truck (I bought it used and it was missing when I got it).
Could anyone find the actual part number of this piece for me? I would need it in the Dark Slate Gray interior color.

If there are online parts schematics, please point me to them! I have always been able to look up parts using schematics for my motorcycles, regardless of the brand. I was surprised that I could not find a similar resource for the truck.

Thanks!
Dan

Attached Thumbnails Need help finding an interior part-ram-acm-cover-diagram.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
ceri

I have no idea what that piece has to do with the airbags. I looked in LMC truck since a lot of times they have replacements for commonly missing or broken interior panels, but they don't have that one in the catalog that I could see. Best bet is probably a pick and pull junk yard. It would be easy to ****** out as it's just held on with 2 or 3 snaps (no screws or bolts), and it's low enough in the cab that even a completely messed up rollover wreck would probably have a good one.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:28 PM
maffud

Apparently, the airbag control module is somewhere under it.
I thought about going to a junk yard. Might end up doing that, but frankly I'd rather spend $25 on a new part I can order online than deal with a junk yard. I guess I'm lazy that way.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

local salvage yard? 02-05 should work.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Mike Jazz
Amateur
Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ive got that part out of my truck and sitting in my living room. I pulled it out because Im doing a custom console. It is the slate grey also. PM me if you are interested in it

Old 05-26-2011, 11:39 PM
maffud

Originally Posted by Mike Jazz
Thanks! Looks like the part I am looking for is: 5GT23XDVAA. I guess they call it "Module Cover" in the OEM catalog.

Quick Reply: Need help finding an interior part