3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My torsion bar adjustment bolts, one is crooked

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Gunzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My torsion bar adjustment bolts, one is crooked

'05 QC 5.7 w/ AWD. I want to raise / level my front end 1.5" to 2." After locating the torsion bar adjustment bolts, I noticed the one on the driver side is canted slightly while the right side bolt is straight up and down. How can I correct this?
I don't want to tighten my driver side TB bolt any amount of turns if it is going in at an angle. Is there a way I can remove the tension and "re seat" this adjustmement bolt and the half moon shaped piece?

Thanx,

Gunzer

Old 07-16-2011, 11:26 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You'll need a socket set and a torsion key unloading tool (auto parts stores have them for rent usually free or for a small fee). I think it's an 18mm socket if I remember right.

Jack up the truck, you should see a hole in the frame above the torsion key, which is where you want to put the top of the unloading tool. You tighten the tool to take pressure off of the bolt and take it and the retainer out. so you can re-seat it straight. Just reverse the process to put it back together...

Quick Reply: My torsion bar adjustment bolts, one is crooked