3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Who knows how to bargain with the dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 02:01 PM
OkieHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who knows how to bargain with the dealer?

Also make sure you see the true "dealer" invoice sheet. They may tell you they will show you a print out....DON'T accept that answer. That is what they want you to see....they manipulate the prices on the sheets. Tell them you want to see the CARBON COPY that they got with the delivery of the vehicle. If they try to blow smoke up your butt and say the print out is all they have, leave and go to another dealership. I did that in 2001 when I was going to by a nissan crew cab. 1 hour later I was in a 2001 Dodge Quad Cab, and got home and nissan had left a message on the machine saying they thought they could come to my terms. They were a day late and a couple thousand dollars short!

Old 07-24-2005, 04:36 PM
alikalantar

Great Points, thanks for the advice.
So lets say they give us their invoice and it shows 25k, what is a fair price to give to them?
$500 over invoice?
What about other BS charges they put on and delivery charges?

Again, buying a new truck a person has alot benefits on their side, the new model is coming out, lot of inventory on their hands etc.

Thanks again..

Old 07-24-2005, 05:24 PM
OkieHemi

You can't get around the delivery charge that I know of....but don't pay an "advertising" charge or "cleaning" charge if you see it. Nissan was going to try to stick me with a $600 dollar cleaning charge....to take out all the crap and wash it....they can shove it. And on the dodge, you should be able to get below invoice price.....most are getting them below invoice...that I have seen anyway.

Old 07-24-2005, 06:04 PM
hozz
Rookie

www.carsdirect.com is an excellent site for finding invoice prices as well as taget prices for a vehicle. It works awesome....you can buy a truck through them as well.....and pick it up at the dealer that you may not like :-)

Old 08-11-2005, 06:39 AM
bLaCk RaM

I would just wait a liitle longer. Dodge isnt selling ****! Unless you need this truckwait untill the 06 model comes out then you can rape the dealer for the 05 model

Old 08-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Dodge4x4810
Veteran

When you bargain for a car you always have to act like you do not care if you leave there with the car or not. ALWAYS BE ABLE TO WALK AWAY! Do not fall in love with the first truck you see. I've got a '99 Ram QC 4x4 5.9 and when i went to look at it, the asking price was 11,200 and after some bargaining the dealer finally gave in and went down to 9,800. I just always acted like there were better deals elsewhere and acted like i did not care. When he said that the lowest he would go was 10,300 i just told him to have a good day and gave him my phone number if he changed his mind and went lower. Originally i told him 9,500 (did not think that i would come close to that), but a couple days later he called me back and said he would go down to 9,800. I have never bargained for a new car before, just used. i would imagine that new cars/trucks might be a little easier to bargain for because your dealing with a lot more money. Good Luck.

Old 08-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Palm
Professional

You have been getting some excellent advice here about buying the vehicle, but remember, NEVER, NEVER, pay above invoice for any truck.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:03 AM
mrlarry24

Guys...I'm picking up my '05 4x4 Hemi 1500 Laramie tomorrow morning. Sticker price was $41k with Navigation and sunroof option.
With this employee pricing and $3500 rebate on top of that, I'm out the door at $31k. They're giving about $10k off the sticker. Not a bad deal.

I wasn't sure if I wanted a new truck or not, until I visited my dodge dealer last week and saw the discount. I have an '03 Laramie Hemi 4x2 that I got when they first came out and I think I paid $37k back then....for a 4x2! No sunroof, no navigation.

If you want a little cheaper, go with the SLT w/ leather. Spend $150 and get some wood trim from Mopar. I'm not really sure, but I think the biggest difference is I believe you don't have the dual temperature zone in the SLT, but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, good luck....anyone want a sweet 2003 Hemi?

Old 08-19-2005, 10:02 AM
mardela
Rookie

I just bought an 05 that was stickered at 43500. After employee discounts and rebates I got it for 33500. They made a mistake on the deal and gave me 3k rebate when I was only suppose to get 1500 because it's a diesel. They called me back the next day to try and rewrite the deal. But in the long run, they gave me the 3k rebate because they made the mistake. Are they really not getting that much for the truck? I'm thinking they don't make much with the employee pricing. 05 2500 slt 4X4 CTD auto 4:11 long bed quad cab

Old 08-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Another Drew

At the most, you should not pay more than Carmax's non-negiatable price for a NEW truck. Go to Carmax's website and you can get a price on any of their models. They only have 2 new Dodge dealerships, but they at least publish their price. Generally, for 05 models, you can take off more than $10K on a $40 stickered Hemi. Keep in mind their final price includes dealer processing and all you need to add is tax, tags, registration.

Quick Reply: Who knows how to bargain with the dealer?