3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is your age??????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 02:06 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your age??????????

Ok, you guys bring up some good points. I'm sorry for being so closed minded. It is not at all my usual style. Even though a few previous posts were not exactly directed at me, please accept my apologies for those who I have offended. I don't have anything against making your ride look good. Personally I would like a set of wheels, but am choosing to put my money on function over style. It just irks me when you see a car all gussied up and the driver drives and acts like he/she has a 9 second car or better. The reality is that the car's engine is screaming just to keep up with traffic. I just can't stand all that ego. I guess I am just complaining....and no I don't have a big driveshaft. lol.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:01 AM
kb22stang

33 here, barely make the cut, I love the RAM but have no interest in performance mods as I have a Mustang that runs fairly well, I'm not into appearance mods like neon stuff, I prefer to have the truck lifted and change tires and wheels. But, like the other poster said, why get upset cause someone likes something different than you, just pass on that post and read the next one.

Old 07-30-2005, 05:23 AM
muddauber5.7
Professional

36 here, I agree with Chet if you don't like the topic then pass it up,it's called freedom of speech for all ages. It sounds like your a little jealous that some younger guys/gals can afford a new truck,I'm sure most of them work hard for it,sure you do find some that are taken care of by the parents. I'm not into running the quarter mile in 12 seconds,but I do like to read about what you did to get it that fast. I'm also not into making my truck into a show piece that goes bling-bling!! I just want a little lift,bigger tires,and a nice daily driver that I can take off road a little. As for our men and women in the U.S. Armed Forces on this forum. I'm proud of you, thanks for your sacrafice,and your doing a HELL OF A JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2005, 05:47 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

ok, looks like im a youngster. Im 19 and had the truck for almost a year got her while i was 18. I aint pissed off about this post, just dont understand what does it matter? I know there's alot of "kid talk" on here, but i can talk with the adults as well and im able to learn from the older guys on here that have the experiance that im thankful for and enjoy to learn from.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:31 AM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Original post edited by me.

My apologies if anything in it offended anyone. It certainly was not my intention.

Avanti, I likes that ride!

Old 07-30-2005, 10:36 AM
moparturd
Banned

Whoa dudes!!! I think you're reading too much into this post. This wasn't meant as an insult, I'm sure. He was just saying/acknowleding the differences between the "old school" people and the younger car enthusiast. I have to admit that not all younger car enthusiasts are ricer types, but I think that is the segment he was referring to. Lord knows, if you're in this section, posting in the threads, you're most likely not a ricer.

Lets ease up a bit. Please.

Old 07-30-2005, 06:37 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

MoparTodd makes a good point. My POV on the post was just showing how diverse a bunch of people with a similar interest (our trucks) can be. Although I am 24, I do shoulder much responsibility. I have not been around here too long, about 6 months or so, but I had a preconcieved notion as to the age of most of the frequent posters. Most of them were right, some well, not so close. Speaking of long time posters, anyone heard from Guido7? Hope he's doing well, I'm a little worried as I don't think he responded to my last PM.

I also echo the BIG THANK YOU to out men and women of our nation's armed forces. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Road Warrior
Amateur

I'll be 34 Aug. 2. Wife, 3 kids, full time state employee, part-time truck driver, US Army '89-'92, Natl. Grd. '93-'97.
Live in the country, have 3 black labs, 2 horses, like to mind my own business and for others to do the same.

Old 07-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Drew
Professional

27 going on 12

National Guard for 10 years, currently an E5 but going to Warrant soon. For my day to day job I'm a civilian technician for the Guard, my specialty is on Chemical and Radiological detection equipment. I also calibrate these items as well as multimeters, o-scopes, frequency and function generators, digital counters, torque wrenches, micrometers, pressure gages and so on. If it gives off a signal or measures something I work on it.

Ive been doing this for a few years now and have been enjoying it. I have no kids, but am engaged

Old 07-30-2005, 08:46 PM
GeeWillikers
Rookie

42. 24 years in the Navy. I'm in my 11th paygrade, but I don't measure my character by it. I only offered it because others here have.

A$$holes come from every age group, as do posers, racists, bigots, etc. I learned a long time ago (as far as internet forums go) to measure a person by the words they offer. Often, you can tell a person's age from their perspective, their grammar, their punctuation, etc.

If it's good, I take it in. If not, I try to ignore it. If I can't ignore it, I state my view and move on.

In the end, it's all good.

Go NAVY!