3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is your age??????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 01:32 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is your age??????????

He emailed me a couple weeks ago and he's still getting better from the surgery. I really get the impression he doesn't like the recovery, but he knows he has to do what the doctors tell him. Perhaps he'll be back soon.

Old 07-31-2005, 02:41 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Navy Seabee 92-02

Didn't catch the thread before it was edited so i'm not sure what all the hype is about.
I assume it had something to do with so many young people focusing on a pretty truck rather than a functional truck. I can't disagree as i am of the performance before pretty mindset. As someone else posted, i just skip those threads about 22" wheels on 4X4s, debadging, lowering, and hoods with non functional scoops.
This forum has it's place. I enjoy it for what it is.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:25 AM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

WOW....alot of you are in the:amy,navy,national guard, etc etc........ALOT of you! lol

Well...Im 21 and just finishing up school for my business degree and currently working for a pharmaceutical company. I do pretty well for myself....and thats all you need to know.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:42 AM
billbeam

I'm rapidly approaching 55.
Retired from the Army as a MSG/E-8 in 1989. Employeed by a major aircraft manufacturer. I have deployed to Iraq with an Army unit, for a total of almost 16 months, in support of combat operations.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:45 AM
Avanti
Captain

Despite some "Ricers" being hilarious (they hardly have the corner on this--see pic below), there are many ricers that are quite impressive--looks AND/or performance-wise. I fight this "us/them" battle on Corvette Forum occasionally. My taste is eclectic and I'd hope I can appreciate a fine vehicle even if it is not my own cup of tea. We all love our cars and trucks, motorcycles, planes, jet-skis, or... however/whatever we choose to do with them.

Having said that, I'll close with a picture I took around the corner from a friend's house. I always carry a camera for just such finds. It does make a statement and certainly thumbs its nose at... someone. Enjoy.

(Oh yeah, looks like I'm the ol' f**t here so far, unless I missed someone.)

[IMG]local://upfiles/14944/4067B9D7866D4CFE97F8F47F8B9D01F8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2005, 11:22 AM
moparturd
Banned

That's good. I was thinking of using some OSB wrapped in Tyvek for a wing on the Ram.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:36 AM
05_Ram

Wow, it seems the military really loves this truck! I am 26 and am a civilian employee of the Navy. One thing I don't understand is how this always becomes a two-sided us vs. them thing. The way I see it, the one goal of both sides is to modify their vehicle to give the owner the most fun and pride. Some people prefer sleepers, vehicles with a mountain of motor under a stock hood and now showy dress-ups. Others get a huge grin on their face when they walk out the front door and there sits their truck all chromed out and sitting on 3-4K worth of rims and rubber. To each their own. Just keep in mind that everyone is just trying to modify their truck to give them the biggest grin.

I myself grin most when I hear a V8 screaming as I push a vehicle into oversteer. If only they made disposable tires.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:52 AM
scox35
Rookie

45 going on 18 the wife says lmao

Old 07-31-2005, 01:08 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

He emailed me a couple weeks ago and he's still getting better from the surgery. I really get the impression he doesn't like the recovery, but he knows he has to do what the doctors tell him. Perhaps he'll be back soon.
Glad to hear he's still alive and kicking.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

Hello Everyone! Well I'm 48 and old enough to know better, but sometimes don't care!
This is the first new vehicle I've ever owned and other than the payments--really love it.
I don't plan any heavy mods to it other than a fiberglass cap yet, back up lights, perhaps a bull bar and driving lights in the near future. Later on after its paid off, I may opt for a complete suspension package. Not necessarily a lift, but more drivability. I spent 4 yrs in the NAV post Vietnam era(Dec76-Feb81) as a surface ship engineman back in the old steamer days-- out of Navsta San Diego. Now I understand they're gas tubines. As my handle implies, if I don't have to be "here" I'd rather be out huntin or fishin!! and my partner is my wife--no I don't have to twist her arm to go and sometimes she spends more than I do at the tackle store--go figure.
To all you guys that have served or are still serving, THANKYOU! YOU FOLKS ARE ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS FOR A SAFE RETURN TO YOUR FAMILIES. THESE CONFLICTS HALF WAY AROUND THE WORLD ARE ABSOLUTELY ASSENINE.