3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

REC radio unlock code??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:07 AM
KEV50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REC radio unlock code??

Ive got an 06 ram with the Rec radio in it. I had the battery unhooked and when I hooked the battery back up its asking me for a 4 diget code to unlock the radio/cd etc. Im the second owner of this truck and havent a clue what the code would be...any thoughts. The dealer was of no use to me on this either, told me it was the last 4 digets on my VIN but the vin has an 8 & 9 in it and the radio numbers only go to 6.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Like the memory, pushing the button twice might work. 2 twice would be 8 and 3 twice would be 9. Not sure, just throwing out ideas. Nothing in the owners manual?

Old 12-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Some of the '05 REC units used in the US came with this, but the "feature" was quickly removed, I believe with software updates. Also, the European and Canadian models used this "feature" for all of their '05+ REC units, but don't quote me on that, as I'm not sure on all of the years. It is a 4 digit code consisting of the numbers 1-6 and it would have come with the truck's factory paperwork. I do not know if it can be provided afterwards, but I would assume with your VIN and the radio serial or hardware number the dealer may be able to help. Best of luck to you.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by KEV50
Ive got an 06 ram with the Rec radio in it. I had the battery unhooked and when I hooked the battery back up its asking me for a 4 diget code to unlock the radio/cd etc. Im the second owner of this truck and havent a clue what the code would be...any thoughts. The dealer was of no use to me on this either, told me it was the last 4 digets on my VIN but the vin has an 8 & 9 in it and the radio numbers only go to 6.

Kev,

PM me the VIN and I can send you a build sheet. Perhaps that has some numbers on it.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 AM
KEV50

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Kev,

PM me the VIN and I can send you a build sheet. Perhaps that has some numbers on it.

PM sent, and thanks for looking!

Quick Reply: REC radio unlock code??