3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

p0500 code. replaced sensors and no change.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:45 AM
JDG103
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prado some time the dealership doesnt do the job right the first time so then you have to go again and pay more money..this is why alot of us are DIY kinda people and alot of members here have had simillar issues and are very knowlagable..im not trien to sound rude but this is how it is

Old 12-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Jak
Amateur

hey prado if you didnt have any input on what the problem could be then why the hell even leave a comment. people like you dont have much place on this side of the forum. if you think the stealership raping is a good thing then you have probly wasted alot of money on whatever it is you drive. we however like to get our hands dirty and fix our own problems that way we know it is right the first time.

i will let you know what i hear jdg. i have seen quite a few other people on other forums that are having this same issue. many people say it just came out of nowhere as well. things like when they haul a load it will happen then after go away. one guy said his problem only goes away when he has a load. another guy said his does it when its cold not when its hot. weird as hell. all i know is that im tired of it. i also noticed my odometer is not counting anymore as well as my reverse lights are out. wtf man. i love my truck but hate this problem.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:45 PM
PRADO
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did imput jake. By saying if they dont fix it right the first time u bitch to the service manager and u get ur money back. And dealerships dont rape, its called making a living. And ive never wasted any money cause im a tech. Ya u get ur hands dirty amd do it ur self but thats y ur still having problems with ur truck. Go back to flipping burgers or whatever it is that u do and leave the real work to someone that knows what they r doin. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:17 AM
JDG103
Veteran

Yea Jak i saw on the 2nd gen how there havin the sam issue as well...well Prado i wouldnt be complaining if the service techs did there job right the first time and find the actual problem that i came in for to get fix

Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Jak
Amateur

And if ur a tech mr smart guy then why don't you have any input on a solution. Oh because you want us to go to the stealership that's why. Hence the term raping. Yeah your making a living but your not getting paid everything they charge the working man to come in and have his truck fixed. I think you are just talking out your ***.

Jdg I got in touch with a friend of my girls brother yesterday. He works for dodge and has fr the past 9 years. I gave him all my info and he is going to research the problem for me. He said I may have to leavemy truck with him but tht he will fix th problem for a lot less than wht the dealer will charge. As soon as I know somthing I will post it here so no one else has to go through this ****.

That's also how I know them guys don't make what th dealer charges prado. Find a new thread to harass people on if you don't have any helpful knowledge. If your a tech you should be here to help not to criticize and tell people "just go to the dealership"

Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 AM
JDG103
Veteran

Oh ok thats cool Jak well let me know what he says...as for me im at the dealership right now just waitin to get the truck in the bay who knows how long im goin the be here..i also agree with you to...if your supposably a tech you should be on here helpin not critisizing alot of use here sometime cant Or dont want to pay the dealership if its something we can fix our selves

Old 01-02-2012, 10:11 PM
PRADO
Professional

I was gonna input but i dont help rude people. just gave a thought on how to go about and get ur money back if the "stealership" misdiagnoses ur truck. and never said techs make what the dealership charge, think about it a dealership has to pay for tech training, lot porters, service advisors, service managers, other techs, and parts people. 100 bucks for a diag is not much. and i agree i think the "stealership" is a last resort. so i think b4 u claim someone is talking out of their *** i suggest u wear their shoes and see where they're coming from.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
PRADO
Professional

and its obviously not easy i mean how old is this topic and its still not fixed.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Jak
Amateur

Yeah 100 bucks isn't much to diagnose the problem, your right. The only thing is one guy said he went and they told him it could be 300 plus things. I don't really want that kind of answer. This does seem to be becoming a quite common issue and us diy guys want to figure it out so we can help the rest of the diy family. Maybe bing that your a tech guy you could do some research and try to help us out prado. I think that is why me an jdg are frustrted with you rightnow

Old 01-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Jak
Amateur

Well let me know what they tell you jdg. Hopefully its something other than the abs module. I priced them and they run round 1200 bucks. I think you can get them rebuilt for like 200 though. Only thing is you have to send it off and wait like 3 days to get it back. We will be heroes if we solve this thing.lol

Quick Reply: p0500 code. replaced sensors and no change.