3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mild lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:57 AM
detroitss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mild lift

Well 08 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi. I have 20's with stock tires and truck still has stock suspension setup.
Since I just got the truck after it was turned to a dealer after a a lease I will be looking for tires. Truck has decent tires with a season plus of use still on them but I need some options. First if I go with just new tires on stock 20 rim. In this case which tire should I get or what is the biggest tire I can put in without any rubbing problem. I was looking at BFGoodrich rugged terrain.
Second choice is to put a mild lift. maybe life 3 inch or 4 inch. I dont want to hack anything up so do they make any decent bolt on mild lifts.

Third choice is to do a lift and 20's or 22's with off road tires but I need to hear how bad the ride is or how bad the road noise and MPG. Thanks.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Xler8er
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go to the wheel and tire fitment on the top of 3rd gen ram section you should get a good idea what will fit or not fit.
A lift is always a plus if you want big tires..keep in mind when looking at lifts to make sure the stock back spacing will work..Im pretty sure most stock 20" rims work..If your not going with a lift and plan on wheelin your ride you might want to lose the 20s and get 17s because of the side walls. Do your homework it pays off. Hope all helps.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Quick Reply: Mild lift