3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wiper question?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Poorman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well you could lift the wiper arms off the posts and lower them by selecting a different notch on the post, im going to do that this summer and put them back in the fall so they dont freeze, only thing is that by lowering them you will make the gap at the driver side post Wider and harder to see around

Old 02-28-2012, 09:53 AM
bremsstrahlung
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poorman
well you could lift the wiper arms off the posts and lower them by selecting a different notch on the post, im going to do that this summer and put them back in the fall so they dont freeze, only thing is that by lowering them you will make the gap at the driver side post Wider and harder to see around

I thought about just moving the arms down on the posts, too. The problem with that is, the wiper blade won't sit parallel to the cowl then and may look worse. That's where bending the stock wiper arm would be needed, and that would be tricky because it's flat metal. I'd rather find a differently shaped wiper arm alltogether.
To lower the blades 1.5" inches on the bottom should do it, which would translate to 1.5" less coverage on top, but I'm OK with that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiper question?