3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 ram interior lights not working when door is open.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 05:05 AM
5.7literWINNING!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 ram interior lights not working when door is open.

my Interior lights work when i turn them on by pressing them but they do not turn on automatically when the door is open or when i use the keyless remote. im baffled. it cant be the fuse if they work when i touch them right? any ideas please. also the bed cargo light does not illuminate when the button is pressed.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 01-26-2012, 09:18 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Is it on all doors or just one? Could be a bad latch assembly in the door that has the door ajar switch built in or a broken wire in the rubber boot between the door and body

Old 01-29-2012, 04:55 PM
tizzle0469

Make sure the lights are not turned of at the dimmer switch

Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 AM
radicaltimes

My 2002 Ram started doing the same thing with the drive door only, also the doors don't lock anymore when you hit 15 mph. I'm going to replace door latch assembly.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

Radicaltimes, make sure you also check inside the wiring boots that connect the door to the frame. I finally got inside my drivers rear door and there are 3 broken wires in that one alone. I haven't fixed it yet because I don't want to have a splice inside that boot - that won't last long at all. At some point I'm going to try and repair it from the connector at the B pillar to inside the door shell.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

As stated above...first make sure your ilumination kob is rolled at it's brightest and not dimmed...
Open the other doors to make sure they dont illuminate the interior lights. If no-go, then you could have a bad lamp switch assembly.
If you have illumination with the other doors open, I suspect a bad door switch. Generally the door switches dont have wires going into the door, but are in the frame of the cab, so I dont think cut or frayed wires are the issue.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:21 PM
5.7literWINNING!

Thank you guys. do you think this is a do it yourself fix or is it best to take to dealer

Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 PM
nccj72

Hello I'm new here and I just purchased an 02 Ram 1500. It didn't come with a key less entry so I purchased one and was trying to program it. I was trying to do it by means of the data link connector that I found in this forum. Not only did I not get it to work but now my interior lights won't come on when I open the door and the electric locks won't work anymore but this is only when the key is off. If I turn the key on everything works fine. I've checked all the regular fuses and a couple of them were blown (I'm thinking they were already blown) but I replaced them and nothing. Does anyone have any idea what I may have done? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
nccj72

Hello I'm new here and I just purchased an 02 Ram 1500. It didn't come with a key less entry so I purchased one and was trying to program it. I was trying to do it by means of the data link connector that I found in this forum. Not only did I not get it to work but now my interior lights won't come on when I open the door and the electric locks won't work anymore but this is only when the key is off. If I turn the key on everything works fine. I've checked all the regular fuses and a couple of them were blown (I'm thinking they were already blown) but I replaced them and nothing. Does anyone have any idea what I may have done? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2007 ram interior lights not working when door is open.