3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need help with oem bedliner and oem tonneau cover fitment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:33 AM
NoLimitzR1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with oem bedliner and oem tonneau cover fitment.

I found a steal for a mopar tonneau cover (official oem) now it says not compatible with over the rail bedliner. Many aftermarket covers I know fit just modifying and notch out the liner for the clamps. But the mopar clamps I've see have me concerned. Due to their locking style . I can notch the liner but wit the extra thickness of the liner on the rail I don't know if the thing will clamp properly. Anyone have any experience with a oem soft snapless cover with a oem over the rail bedliner on a 2002-2008 ram? I need to figure this out asap to meet the guy of I'm gonna buy it.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:56 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

under the rail bedliners for tonneau covers only. The over the rail design does not allow the cover to sit correctly or seat/seal correctly.
I'm not sure if you can cut the over the rail part off of your bedliner and allow it to stay in place while driving down the road with no tonneau cover, but that would be the only suggestion I have. I wouldn't reccomend trying to cut here or there to fit brackets and such because I'm pretty sure you need to see the bolts to tighten them up. if you have an over the rail liner, you wouldn't be able to get behind there to tighten the bolts.
Again, not sure if you could even cut the rail part off or not but you def have incompatible parts.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:12 PM
NoLimitzR1
Professional

Thanks, an oem tonneau will fit you knotch the side and the clamp style has a rubber end that will compensate and seal properly with the height added on top rail. So for those who want ti know knotch a hole for clamp and your good. Now to find a spare clamp as it came with 5 instead of 6. Anyone got a spare? Lol

Old 02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Dudemanbrother
Professional

I had to cut my liner all the way around to fit my tonneau and it stays in just fine.

Quick Reply: need help with oem bedliner and oem tonneau cover fitment.