3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wheel Bore Diameter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Bore Diameter?

When buying aftermarket wheels, what bore diameter do I want to get? It looks like 78.1 mm and 87.1 mm are the most common available, will either of these work? I've searched and found where this question has been asked a couple of times, but it doesn't look like it was ever answered.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie

Anybody?

Old 01-31-2012, 03:30 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep in mind, I have a Dakota. The wheels are interchangable from the Ram to the Dakota, but I don't know if the wheels from the Dakota can go on the Ram (nor do I think anyone would want to) That being said, My bore is 78.1 and stock wheels are hub centric. I'm asking some dakota guys who have ram wheels if the wheels fit snug or if they had to use a hub-ring

My aftermarket wheels are 108mm and use a delrin/nylon hub-ring adaptor. I've only put about 200 miles on them and haven't had any out-of-balance problems yet.

To add to that, I think any hub bore above stock should be ok if you use hub-rings.

the owner of customwheelsexpress.com was very helpful with wheel info when I called to check stock for mine, their prices are great and come with a full install kit +free shipping, then the hub-rings are only $10 for all 4 and he'll make sure they are the right ones for your application.

Last edited by FrenicX; 01-31-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:34 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, so here's what I came up with. The bore size for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Rams, 3rd gen Dakota, and 2nd gen Durango is 77.8

thanks to Dakotaff from the 3rd gen dakota section for this info.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie

Originally Posted by FrenicX
Ok, so here's what I came up with. The bore size for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Rams, 3rd gen Dakota, and 2nd gen Durango is 77.8

thanks to Dakotaff from the 3rd gen dakota section for this info.
Thanks a lot man for all of your research!

Quick Reply: Wheel Bore Diameter?