3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i got f*ck*d

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Phatboy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i got f*ck*d

Did I read the original post that you work for the dealer you got the truck from? If that is so I can see how overlooking the motor might have been possible. Especially if they got it from another dealer and they said, "Hey we found what you are looking for." and they didnt think it had the v-6. Then again they shouldnt have an issue taking it back and giving you either your money back or finding you the correct truck. I dont think a 4.7 v-8 ST should cost that much anyway. I have seen SLT v-8 down here for that much.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:37 PM
2002ramon24s
Professional

for me to get the truck from the dealer i work at i had to have them pick it up from the dealership it was at. i only got 10,100 in the truck tax title truck and everything with 6400 off for the concorde so i got 3700 in the truck. also my dealership said i couldnt go over and look at the ram untill they had the deal worked out so they could get me a better deal. so i had no ****ing choice then to go by what the papers and what they was telling me so there is no damn why it was my fault. only way it would be is me trying to save some cash by getting it from where i work then getting it from a different dealer.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Alright, so they said you couldn't even go LOOK at it? What's from stopping you from looking, but not talking figures? That's BS. Also, you didn't inspect the vehicle upon delivery to you? I think you hosed yourself.

Old 08-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Avanti
Captain

Who cares about the potential longevity of the engine at this point?

I'm sorry but this is too, too bizarre!!! Nothing makes sense in the "deal," nor the way the truck was purchased. You work for a dealer who would screw you, like this? You continue to work for them?!! They want such a disgruntled employ?!! SHEESH! NO, double SHEESH!!!

What WERE YOU thinking, dude? What are you thinking, now? Assuming you still pick up a pay-check there? If they won't make it right, something is dead wrong! You couldn't see the truck... something was worse than dead WRONG!

Pack your bags, take your "new" truck (assuming you're stuck with it), and go elsewhere. Also, file a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau. Also, you can spend a bunch of bucks, time, and anguish with an attorney and get... a lot of wasted buck, wasted time, and even more anquish--and typically little else in a deal like this.

Sorry, but it seems that out of misguided trust, naivety, or something you bent over and let them f**k ya.

Good luck... and LEARN from this... please!!!

Old 08-08-2005, 12:38 AM
2002ramon24s
Professional

well so far every dodge or chrysler i have got i got ****ed on. first the concorde now the ram. so im gettin a gm some of these years and a new job as soon as i find one

Old 08-08-2005, 12:42 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2002ramon24s

well so far every dodge or chrysler i have got i got ****ed on. first the concorde now the ram. so im gettin a gm some of these years and a new job as soon as i find one
It is Dodge's fault that you bought a USED truck and it turned out to have a V6 and not a V8 like you thought. It is Dodge's fault you did not do your homework before taking delivery of a USED truck?

Buy a GM, or better yet a Toyota because you have made little sense yet so why stop now.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Avanti
Captain

If you REALLY think that one manufacturer or another has more honest dealers than the rest, you have a lot to learn about human nature, son.

But, all the best to you.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:14 AM
muddauber5.7
Professional

In your original post you asked if the 3.7 is a reliable engine? Well yes it is being that I work at a Jeep plant that that puts the 3.7 in the liberty's. At 210 horsepower the motor has ample power in the light weight liberty, as long as it is a regular cab 2wd short bed ram then it should have descent power. But if you really had your mind set on the 4.7 and wanted that nice v8 rumble,then take it back to your dealer and demand the other truck that you asked for in the first place!!!! Please from now on when buying a vehicle especially a used vehicle look it over, and under, and under the hood. You are to blame for your misfortunes on your DaimlerChrysler vehicles. Slow down and take your time it's a major investment. Let me ask you this, would you buy a house without going inside? [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 08-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Ram20175

heh crazy

Old 08-08-2005, 03:19 PM
RedRam225
Professional

Take my 2 cents worth ...the contract that you used to purchase the truck will undoubtedly have what is called an "integration clause" that means that there are no oral agreements outside of the 4 corners of the contract document. In other words, what the contract says is what the deal is. Therefore, look at the contract. Does it describe the engine? Does it say 8 or 6 cylinders? If not, there you are wasting time and money by seeing a lawyer. There is nothing to sue over, your contract says specifically that any thing said before the signing of the document is irrelevant.

If the contract does describe it as an 8 cylinder, you then have to carefully look at the disclaimers in the contract. Many car contracts, depending on what state you are in, will disclaim any and all things about the vehicle being sold, even the VIN and mileage. I always cross those out when I buy a car. The dealer hates it, but often finds no defensible reason to include it when I say If I have to promise that I'll pay your twenty thousand real dollars, you at least have to promise you're selling me what you say you are. So again, look to the contract.

Second, enough people have told you that you really ought to look under the hood before you buy. I'll not repeat it, but I will say that if you tried to take the dealer to court the court would say the same thing. It's a losing case - trust me.

Third. I have the 3.7 by choice. It is a great engine. Although I only have 12 thousand miles on it they are trouble free. I [put a yard of topsoil in the bed (regular cab - short bed) It hauled it with no problems whatsoever - and that was roughly a ton of weight in the bed - again - no problem.

Some say that it is “underpowered” I guess it depends on what you call “underpowered” Clearly it is not fast, and if you are merging onto the freeway on a slope you will want more get up and go. But I have not yet had a problem with the power.

If you keep the truck, put some kind of free flowing muffler or exhaust on it. I have a flowmaster on mine. I have had multiple complements on the sound, and I noticed a slight boost in performance. I have not noticed any difference with the K&N filter though.

I could not be more happy with my truck. I use it as a commuter, and think the couple of MPG boost is worth the trade of more power, besides the rating on this engine is no slouch – for a good write up on the engine go here: http://www.allpar.com/mopar/37.html