3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

$550?! Seriously?! Plugs wires and a sensor?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:46 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
So basically when they introduced MDS? And now I've learned something new. I love this forum.
Pretty much. The 6.1's never had the wasted spark setup, those always had the dual coil.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with HammerZ71..
The major problem everyone seems to have is getting the plug out once they loosen it.
There's a very simple solution for this .
Just about any inside diameter hose from 1/2 to garden hose size will work. Loosen the plug intil it's almost out .Cut the hose about 6 ~ 7 inches long, slide it over the plug and unscrew it the rest of the way. The plug will lean against the inside wall and be harder to slide the hose over if you take it completely out ..pull the plug out .. When you put a new plug in , do it the same way..Slide the hose over the plug and insert it into the valve cover hole..Turn the hose until the plug stops turning..If the outside diameter of the hose is close to the inside diameter of the hole , There's no way it can be cross~threaded..Using this method saves a lot of time and headache ..

A friend took his wife's Challenger to the Dealership last week because it wouldn't turn over unless she wiggled the computer chip "KEY"...He knew it was the ignition switch...The dealership agreed and changed it..No Biggie..
Without saying a word, the mechanic pulled the car back into the bay and changed the starter. "BTW", the car has 65k. miles...
After telling my friend he changed the starter , He then added, "I can't let you drive this car home"...It's unsafe..The tie~rod ends need changing and It's going to be a total of over $1000.00 when I'm done..The bill was $650.00 at that point..
My friend said , IF you change one more thing on my car I'm calling my lawyer..After collecting there money~ The dealership sent him on his way but wanted to keep the starter they removed..My friend wouldn't leave without it , and got it back. He took it to another Dodge dealership and had it tested..They found nothing wrong with it and said it shouldn't have been changed..He also had the tie~rods checked, They too were fine...
My friend says "Thanks for nothing" , Myrtle Beach Chrystler , Jeep.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:22 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

BY THE Way~ Good Thread , Good subject.. Good advice...Thanks for posting..

Quick Reply: $550?! Seriously?! Plugs wires and a sensor?!