3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

noise from back suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 08:24 PM
justinrodney
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noise from back suspension

i have an 03 QC 1500 4x4 w/ hemi. the truck has about 22000 miles on it. a few weeks ago, i noticed a strange sound coming from the back of the truck. it sounds like a squeeky suspension. it seems to coming from the back around the rear tires and you notice it when people are getting in/out of the truck. it is also noticable if i have the widnows down and i take sharp curves. the feel of the ride seems to go unchanged but the sound is just at pest. anyone have any ideas?

Old 08-12-2005, 11:25 PM
JTugwell
Default RE: noise from back suspension

i have an 03 too and mine does the exact same thing. almost like the tires are rubbing right? i dunno what the hell it is, but when i find out ill be sure to let you know

Old 08-13-2005, 01:16 AM
heith01
Default RE: noise from back suspension

do you have a Tonneau Cover? I had a squeek coming from the back end of my Truck also. I took it to the dealer and the greased all the rear suspenion bushings and it still squeeked. Come to find out it was the hinges on the cover that were squeeking the metal on metal rubbing. hope this helps.....

Quick Reply: noise from back suspension