3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cracked Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 PM
bigblue22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cracked Wheel

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport with 20" wheels. I just went to get tires put on and they told me I have a crack in one of my wheels and it will eventually need to be replaced. They quoted me over $500 for one wheel!!! I have looked around for these OEM wheels and they aint cheap!! This site http://www.finishlinewheels.com/DODG...C0+TRUCK/2007/ has the wheels. I have the chrome clad version but the machine faced is cheaper. Does the machined faced look different from the chrome clad? the pics are of all the same pic. Does anyone know of another place I could find a wheel at a reasonable price?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 04-10-2012, 06:21 PM
masterwelder177

depending on where the crack is find a welding shop and see if they can fix it, i had a little accident one day and somehow managed to get a rock pinned between the brake caliper and inside of the wheel which equaled a 2 to 3 inch crack in the wheel, it took me a couple of tries with a tig welder but i managed to fix mine for under 40 dollars, only cost to me was the unmounting, remounting and balancing costs at a local tire shop, granted your cost will be a little bit more to take to some one to do it but i bet it will be cheaper than buying a new wheel

Old 04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
lyndo
Rookie

you can find places who make rims to match the OEM replacements but at a much lower price, the only thing they will be missing is the dodge logo. this is one place I found clicky. There is another place I have seen that is still cheaper than that one but I can't seem to find it. Also, you will want to go with the chrome clad or it won't match your other rims, the machined face ones are a matte finish and won't be the same as y0our chrome clad wheels.

edit: found this place, clicky and they have chrome clad OEM 20's (number KEY-ALY02267U8) for 270 bucks. Might wanna give em a call or research em a bit to see if they are legit but I doubt you'll find anywhere cheaper than that.

Last edited by lyndo; 04-23-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 AM
bigblue22

Thanks guy's. I ended up getting a used wheel through the place I got my tires. It totaled $380 bucks with mounting, balancing and uncle sam. Think I will just replace the wheels should it ever happen again.

Quick Reply: Cracked Wheel