3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 04:34 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeram0328
Well I said I was not hitting them very hard. Not my first time driving a truck with out front ABS and never had this problem. I should not be locking up with medium to hard braking. Let's use are head here and quit being a moron. Ya maybe I should wiggle my toes, I bet that will work. I mean pumping the brakes to keep from staying locked did not work, why wouldn't wiggling my toes. If you don't have something helpful to say then don't. I am not in the mood for your S***.
If I dont post then Im not trying to help. If I do post its because Im trying to help. How you take it is up to you.

Just a little FYI, in driving defense school, they TELL and TEACH you to wiggle your toes to KEEP your brakes from locking. It creates a variable pressure. Maybe try going to school for driving?

You get bad brake dust up front though because thats where all the weight is at and front pads ALWAYS wear out faster than the rear. You have excessive dust because youre using cheap semi metallic pads versus ceramic or organic.

If you get bad shaking ONLY at 75 and not at lower speeds then you have a tire/rim balancing issue

As far as I can tell from what you are describing, everything is fine.

Last edited by weedahoe; 07-25-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:46 PM
dodgeram0328
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vibration is very difficult to make happen driving on the freeway in the city. But coming down the I17 it shakes very bad. It is like the waves of the ocean. Starts near the rear and shakes up through to the front, and then repeats. Never goes into the steering wheel. I have had the tires rotated by Dodge and they checked everything out and said they could not find anything. Said it may be a bent or out of balance drive shaft. When I have the trailer hooked up, it shakes so bad on the city freeways it feels like my truck is just going to fall apart. I don't know what else to do. I cant take a tech on a test drive with a trailer on it. I just hope it is not causing any damage.

Quick Reply: Question about Brakes