3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Member Sending Out S.O.S.!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
burnmath
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New Member Sending Out S.O.S.!!

My check engine light, brake light, abs light, low wash light, and lamp out light comes on periodically in my 2004 dodge ram 1500. At my regular mechanic shop, the diagnostic test said it was the transmission relay because the truck was losing power and taking off in 3rd gear. My regular mechanic would not touch the problem because he says it was the transmission. Took it to a transmission shop and the relay switch was swapped even though the mechanic there said the relay switch and the transmission was fine. He also checked all fuses. I drove away with everything fine.
The next morning, the same lights were back on again, minus the check engine light. I did some research and found it may be a sensor out somewhere. Can someone help me with this?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:10 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

You need to have the truck scan for all stored codes and post. But in the mean time, I will move your post to the 3rd Gen Ram section.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^ True. Need the stored DTC codes. Where do you live? Stop by an auto parts store and let them scan the truck for codes and post them here

Quick Reply: New Member Sending Out S.O.S.!!