3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

warranty help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Drew, There has been conspiracy about that, and I see where you coming from, I agree with you.
We don't deny ppl's waranty, we never ever did, and it isn't in our interest to either, because we lose that customer forever without making a dime. Hence I am surpise the OP's dealership did that.

Some bad dealership make ALL dealership look like an Evil empire. I don't know what you have against dealerships, But if you do find a Service station better than dealership for the same price or less, Go for it! Competition is what improves service quality.

Hammer, I like your style, go down biting and scratching. But If more people are Informed or well educated, this country would be a lot better place to live in, sad to say. some ppl just don't know how to fight it, or don't want to bother with a long exhausting process.

I can't even beat it into ppl's head that they need to change their oil on schedule, So I don't expect anything more.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It's just I have some experience with this.

A) I used to be a county technology consultant and did a good bit with digital court recording - so I have seen the court in action - a lot.

B) I had a bad experience with Ford regarding warranty and they didn't budge - until I paid my attorney to send them a letter which made reference to the Magnuson/Moss Act in the second paragraph. The dealership and regional Ford customer rep did an immediate 180* turnaround and even suggested I "misheard" them. Yeah, like I can "mishear" - "you modified your truck, therefore your warranty is null and void"...

Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 PM
cmpx3
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An update for everyone. I spoke to the service manager today. He told me he spoke with chrysler and they told him they were not going to deny my lifetime warranty because of a cai. I got the impression he wanted to "fail" my inspection on my truck but chrysler wouldnt let it fly. With that said he did say they told him they were looking more for "race" parts. Parts like modified exhaust, computer upgrades things of that nature. I assume he ment removing your cat. convertors and/or mufflers because i have a cat back flowmaster duals and he didnt mention it. So... with all this said it might not be a bad idea for anyone taking thier truck in for 5 yr. inspection to try thier best to put all the stock parts they reasonably can back on before taking it
in.I appreciate all the advice and help guys.......

Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 PM
cmpx3
Rookie

Also...if any of you work at the dealer or know someone who does. All this got me to thinking, if you dont use the dealer to service your truck and havent keep records everytime you do maintanance, could you be denied a claim on your powertrain warranty?

Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cmpx3
Also...if any of you work at the dealer or know someone who does. All this got me to thinking, if you dont use the dealer to service your truck and havent keep records everytime you do maintanance, could you be denied a claim on your powertrain warranty?
Yes and No, depending on dealership.
Believe me or not, we r on the customer's side. But we want you to have valid proof when we submit the waranty claim so Chrysler doesn't Bounce the claim and make the dealership eat the trans.

This is Why I ask ppl to do their service at the dealership, because there is no better proof than having a copy of receipt that your maint is done at dealership. Too expensive? a lot of dealership will price match or drop their price to close the gap between Dealer vs Chain stores like Fire stone.

Not having a Valid proof does NOT void your waranty, but rather, it give your waranty company a leverage to deny a claim. You are not fighting the dealership, you are fighting the waranty company.
Paying a little for maint in your owner's manual every 30k is cheaper than paying lawyers.
Sorry to tell you, but many other bad customer screwed it up for the good ppl. We have too many customer coming in with Sludge up engine and claims they changed their oil religiously themselves.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:40 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cmpx3
But as far as in my experience on those lifetime waranty, Chrysler really don't ask for proof of maint unless the pictures we sent in does show lack of maintainence.
Such as Sludge in engine, Trans Clutch all burn up, Gears have horrible wear marks, etc...
it really all boils down to what's the Cause of the failure. We never flat out VOID people's waranty without valid reason. Chrysler is not out there to GET YOU. because they know if they denied your trans claim, you will never buy a car from them again.

But if you got a Super Charger installed... that's a different story, your waranty is void.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:20 AM
cmpx3
Rookie

Thought about a supercharger in the future. Also thought about some longtube headers w/ y pipe, but I guess both of those are out now. I think your right steak59, people that never do maintainance have put a bad taste in the mouth of warranty companies. Your alsi correct about them not wanting to fight people on minor issues. I love my teuck , but if they had denied my lifetime warranty it would have been the last new chrysler product I would have bought.

Quick Reply: warranty help