3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 11:10 AM
klruff1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Confusion

I recently purchased and awaiting the arrival of my Superchips, and have been reading through the nearly 400 pages on the Superchips sticky. I have to say I am very confused about the different trans tunes. I don't know if I should just load the Superchips performance settings for engine and trans or if I need to manually load the trans shift schedule, and which one for that matter for my 2005 Daytona 5.7L QC. Also, who is Sil? I saw a bunch of posts from him on status's of "Beta tests", I'm guessing he works for Superchips?

So what program should I load for my Daytona (engine/trans), and how did I load it (do I need to manually load all of the shift point data?)

Appreciate any advice.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too am in the same boat, that thread is filled with so many different opinions and shift schedules/programs, just can't get it straight.

Subscribed for info!

Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

The engine tune is canned, meaning u just load your 89/91/eco/tow tune. The trans tune program you have to purchase and load on your tuner. Then you find your shift schedule you want and manually load it for every gear and throttle position. The schedule will be a spreadsheet, easy to follow... Just time consuming to enter it all. Same for torque management depending on year, you manually set it for each shift (05+). 04 is a single torque setting for all shifts.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Base schedules located here, worked well for me but you can tweak to your liking.

http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/

Old 08-14-2012, 01:01 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Just to be more clear, you do not need to buy the trans tune option if you chose not to. The canned tunes you do not need to enter in a shift schedule. You can basically pick stock or superchips (improved stock) trans options with the chosen tune.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 PM
klruff1
Rookie

I saw for the 05 Ram there are 4 different tunes, is there a description of how each differs? How much better is the SC trans tune vs stock?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

The trans tune program is amazing imo. Well worth it. And there are only 3 tunes you would use there assuming you dont have 4.56 gears. Some are just less aggressive than the last one as denoted in their names.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:07 AM
klruff1
Rookie

I received the Superchips Flashpaq this past weekend and installed the SC Performance mode eng/trans program. All I can say is WOW! Holy cow this truck is now alive! I shouldn't have waited this long! The truck is now an animal and lives up to the "Daytona" badges on it. One thing I couldn't figure out was the Advanced trans tuning, there was no option to purchase this feature when I was updating the s/w online, the only thing offered was a "VIN unlock program" for $100, not sure what that is. I'll have to call SC and ask about how to get the trans tuning program, though the SC seems pretty good to me in comparison to stock.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:08 PM
codiac
Professional

Originally Posted by klruff1
I received the Superchips Flashpaq this past weekend and installed the SC Performance mode eng/trans program. All I can say is WOW! Holy cow this truck is now alive! I shouldn't have waited this long! The truck is now an animal and lives up to the "Daytona" badges on it. One thing I couldn't figure out was the Advanced trans tuning, there was no option to purchase this feature when I was updating the s/w online, the only thing offered was a "VIN unlock program" for $100, not sure what that is. I'll have to call SC and ask about how to get the trans tuning program, though the SC seems pretty good to me in comparison to stock.
I believe you tune your truck, take your locked tuner back inside and connect to your computer. It needs to read info from your truck before it'll offer you the trans tune option. Most likely just year/trans/vin/ whatever so that someone with an incompatible vehicle doesn't buy the trans option and they have to facilitate a refund.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:50 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, there's a few thousand pages in the Superchips thread which is why i took the time and pulled relevant info and slapped it into ONE THREAD!
Click on my sig link. Has all the information and links you need/want!!!

and correct on the above. Load tune into truck and then you have to purchase trans tune. It's a One vehicle tune purchase so when you resell, the new buyer has to purchase the advance trans tune all over again.

Quick Reply: Superchips Confusion