3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I want a Dodge, BUT???????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 02:21 AM
Saint
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want a Dodge, BUT???????????

At my shop, there are a bunch of people that own pickups and of those more then half are Dodges, there are so many Dodges that it more then doubles the amount of the next most popular truck. Just my observations on a very small sample.

I'm on my second Dodge truck, the first was my Durango, which I had for a year and absolutely loved, gave me no problems at all. Now I've got a Hemi Ram and absolutely love it, definitely the best vehicle purchase I've ever made

Old 08-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about the same with me Brian, if you look at the parking lot of the shop I work at nearly all are trucks, and out of those 2 out of 3 are new dodge's

Old 08-30-2005, 07:23 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

Fuel mileage S-U-X on a lot of the Dodge trucks but if that's your concern then you don't need to get one. I am THOURGHLY impressed with the 05 Quad Cab we got and this is from a former Dodge truck hater. Before this I had an 03 Chevy Avalanche which was totally awesome. The Dodge ranks right up there although with less bells and whistles (my wife still misses the Avy though but not the payment).

Old 08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
JTugwell

Ive always had chevys my whole life, but i gave dodge a shot when i was looking for a new truck. No regrets, they have great power, drive great, and tow like a s.o.b. They are also more reliable than chevy or ford (according to a review on www.carpoint.com), and carry a better warranty. choose a dodge you wont regret it.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Phatboy
Professional

I have owned Rams since 96. My first was a 95 4x4 RC, then a 97 2wd CC, 99 4wd CC, 01 4wd RC, 04 2wd QC HEMI, and now an 05 1500 Quad Cab Hemi 4x4. Yea I am a little brand particular. If I can just talkt the old lady into trading in the Infiti on a Charger I would be set, but with gas prices what they are that is not likely.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Pacman818

What up X2...

I just bought my 1500 Hemi QC a few weeks ago and I am stoked. I was driving a Toyota Tacoma for the past few years and wanted something bigger and better and the RAM was th e one. I researched and researched , drove a friends Dodge and finally made the leap. The design of the 05 is sleak yet mean looking....it has some big ole balllz on it that can get you into some trouble on the streets and the ride is like butter( considering ). do your research and take your time. listen to what people have to say but make the decesion based on whats best for you. Personally this truck is more that what I expected. here are some pics of my new toy... Hope thing work out..

Peace

[IMG]local://upfiles/20265/61DEB2E5FA2841EAA72F2336B9FEB3F4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20265/C072A44723724EEAA64A658C57A4E82A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20265/82BFE92BF8C54F7B83E5CA1EF4E5DC99.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-21-2005, 04:21 PM
kingaling1986
Amateur

My ford explorer (aka: the Exploder) got totaled and before I found my Ram, I drove a 2005 F 150 (aka: F 1****ty). It was slow, had the turning radius of a small battleship, and had no pulling power. The older (1990's-early 2002) rams did have lots of problems, but when the newer body stlye came out, they revamped the whole truck into a badass machine.

Old 09-22-2005, 03:42 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

If you arent concerned about power, price and acceleration, buy the Ford. Its a much better truck. I still sometimes I wish I did. Dont get me wrong, my Dodge has been an excellent truck. No squeeks, rattles, breaks. Just a solid truck. There are no frills with the Dodge, just a plain truck that cost next to nothing copared to other trucks. The Dodge rides rough, so invest in dentures. Your teeth will rattle on back country roads. The hemi is awesome, makes up for the majority of Dodges shortcomings. Very stiff frame, everything works very well except that piece of crap infinity sound system. Save your pesos on that piece of terd. The comfort in the ford is first class, drives better than my dodge could even dream of. The ford has more options that are cool. Dont buy into Dodges claim to fame dumb *** idea of using cheesy 20 inch wheels. They are a joke and the tires are even worse. 20 inch wheels are only telling the world your a dumb *** that likes a rougher ride and werent paying enough for tires before, that you had to go and install boat anchors where weight matters the most. If you buy a dodge its a tough call. The front end on the 06 is butt ugly but improved on all the places that dodge has sucked. The headlights on the 05 are a joke, my subaru had better. The ride is stiff on the 05 and the radio wouldnt even compare that crap they seel at Kragen. DO NOT BE LURED IN BECAUSE IT SAYS INFINTY, THEY STILL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The seats in the F-150 are 10x better. Well , I will stick with my Dodge for now because I saves a ton of money compared to ford. Its been a good truck for 10,000 miles and has worked very very hard, takes a lickin and comes back for more. I just think that if the wallet alows for it, my next truck will have a blue oval on it.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:09 PM
paintr2005
Rookie

I actually saw the new 2006 in person, and at first, when I only saw pics of the new Ram, I didn't like it, BUT now that I actually saw it up close, I really like the new looks, the interior is a bit more classy as well, I think the changes are cool....

Old 11-23-2005, 04:10 PM
capetronics

ORIGINAL: x2roberts

I am seriously concidering purchasing a new Dodge Ram 1500, 2006, when they come out, but I have heard many bad things about Dodge Trucks. Can someone please convince me that I would be making the right choice getting a Dodge over a Chevy or Ford. Thanks alot!
Hi there concerned buyer,

I just bought a 2006 RAM SLT Quad Sport with 20" wheels and man I love it already. It feels and handles very well and I was quiet surprised being a truck and all. I had a 2001 Durango SLT PLUS and she never gave me any problems and it had 100K on the clock when I traded it in. That had the 5.9L Magnum engine and it had some pep too but not like the new Hemi in the 2006 RAM 1500 Sport. I took care of the Durango from the beginning with Synthetic Oil changes and frequent engine flushes and other preventive maintenance. The only problem I had with the Durango was the HVAC -evap rotted out on me and I changed it. I would test drive many other brands and make up your own mind.

Colin Campbell
www.capetronics.com

Quick Reply: I want a Dodge, BUT???????????