3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sanderson

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 AM
sanderson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sanderson

Brand new to DF.
Hey to all. Been visiting the site as a guest for several weeks. Now a new member. Trying to solve tranny issues with the 05 Ram.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:49 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

I will move your post to the 3rd Gen Ram section. Let me know if you haven't found the answer to your questions. And I'll try to help solve the problem.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 AM
sanderson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.
I believe that the transmission relay was faulty. The trans shop I took it to used the one for the wiper motor and the trans worked fine. So my wife bought a new one and I will be putting it in, along with 16 new copper champion spark plugs tomorrow morning.
Wipping the sweat from my brow. I am super stoked to get the call yesterday from Bob informing me what the problem was and how easy it will be to fix.
If any one lives in the bay area. I have an entire row of body shop, exhaust, transmission and general automotive guys & girls to recommend.
I've been dealing with this tight knit group for a couple years and they are truly GOOD people.
Thank you everyone who replied. I figured a lot out just visiting the site as a guest.

Quick Reply: sanderson