3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DodgeRam 2500 diesel no speedo, brake and abs light on

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 AM
ezytigr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DodgeRam 2500 diesel no speedo, brake and abs light on

Yesterday my truck started acting up and giving me these issues. No speedo or odometer, abs light and brake light on. I browsed here and found the most likely culprit to be the speed sensor. i propmtly bought and istalled a new one. However the problem persists. the CEL then came on for a bit then went back out. the code on the dash was P0633. Oreily's read another code of P0753. Today my wife drove it and the truck wouldnt shut off for several seconds after removing the key. I had her pull the dash codes and it's now giving code P0700. Is this likely something i need to go to the dealer for or does it seem to be something i can go to a local trans shop for or fix myself if it's possible? the problem just seems to be growing so i'm concerned it's a computer issue.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:03 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

I dont think you have a trans problem sounds like computer or at least electrical. But yes my first guess was speed sensor

Old 10-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

grounds... check them all...

if they check out next thing to check is the fuse block for corrosion (might have to remove it and look on the bottom of it)

Then you're on to troubleshooting other electrical systems....

electrical stuff can get pretty intensive so if you aren't up to it and you have the $, bring it in to the dealer...

Old 10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
ezytigr

Originally Posted by Izero
grounds... check them all...

if they check out next thing to check is the fuse block for corrosion (might have to remove it and look on the bottom of it)

Then you're on to troubleshooting other electrical systems....

electrical stuff can get pretty intensive so if you aren't up to it and you have the $, bring it in to the dealer...
That's kind of what I figured. No signs of problems with tranny. So it must be electrical. No blown fuses so I'll look for corrosion. I was also thinking there might be something work the new extension that came on the speed sensor I installed

Old 10-22-2012, 02:16 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ezytigr
That's kind of what I figured. No signs of problems with tranny. So it must be electrical. No blown fuses so I'll look for corrosion. I was also thinking there might be something work the new extension that came on the speed sensor I installed
Im not sure how to pull the fuse box but it may be easier to pull the wheel well cover off, you wont be able to look at as good as if you pulled it off but it maybe easier. Did even realize you were from Dallas, i live about 30 min east

Old 10-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try just checking the fuses first before you pull the box.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 PM
ezytigr

Originally Posted by Arctodus
Try just checking the fuses first before you pull the box.
All fuses are good. checked them yesterday.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM
ezytigr

Talked to the Dodge dealer and they're thinking computer issue. $150 - $200 just for diagnostics though.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well worth it, but have them check MORE than just the Computer... meaning do NOT sign off until they prove to you that the problem has been corrected...

Old 10-22-2012, 03:52 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Izero
well worth it, but have them check MORE than just the Computer... meaning do NOT sign off until they prove to you that the problem has been corrected...
X2!!!

Quick Reply: DodgeRam 2500 diesel no speedo, brake and abs light on