3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What engines will work in a 2002 RAM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR_RAM
Yes... but it makes no since to swap the PCM on a straight engine swap.

Thats why he changed the tone rings. Otherwise if he swapped both the 2006 engine and pcm/harness there would be no need to swap the tone rings.

I guess we would need some more specifics from him...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
www.AIRRAM.com

Agreed.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 PM
harvey1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Pin on the key tone was sheered to the point it slipped but didn't cause any damage. Does anyone know if you can swap the camshaft between both years? or would it be a better idea to re do the key pin.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
AIR_RAM
Amateur
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harvey1
The Pin on the key tone was sheered to the point it slipped but didn't cause any damage. Does anyone know if you can swap the camshaft between both years? or would it be a better idea to re do the key pin.
Just have the pin replaced... The cam is still good...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 AM
harvey1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after mucho determination..maadd help from my dad and four months, my truck finally runs, annd she sounds like a ****in beast! 06 in an 02 no corners cut now time to take corners like a ram..stand back subi drivers..thanks all for the words of wisdom

Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 AM
AIR_RAM
Amateur
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm happy you where able to figure it out... That camshaft timing pin has even thrown me for a loop in the past... It can be a booger because everything will look fine until you pull the sprocket off the cam.

Again congrats! Now manually shift that thing like a man at 6000RPMs the way your over head cammed 4.7L engine was built to. Automatic shifting is for the ladies!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Quick Reply: What engines will work in a 2002 RAM?