3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Blown Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Mike-SS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Speaker

Okay all, I have a 2008 Ram Laramie, and I think it has the Infinity speakers. My front passenger door speaker has blown. Any idea where the best place is to buy a replacement? I really do not want to spend the money on all new speakers, just want to replace the one. My assumption is that the dealer will charge too much. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 PM
BIGTEXDODGE
Rookie

yup look at amazon i have the same truck same speakers but i would go with different speakers if you want a better quality

Old 12-28-2012, 09:28 AM
colbyj1986
Professional

Yes better speakers. You can get a better pair for the price of a replacement speaker

Old 12-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Mike-SS

Can you guys provide the specs I should be looking for to do a straight replacement? I am not much of an audio guru, hence the reason I wanted to go with the stock replacement. I understand that there is some removal of the pre-amp from the old speakers, does that just go right back onto a new replacement speaker, even if it is another brand?

Thanks

Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 PM
BIGTEXDODGE
Rookie

Front two speakers are 6x9s the back are 5x3 I believe. And I would personally go with either ken wood or jbl and take it up to best buy or a local audio shop or call and get a quote and let us know what they say so they don't try and screw you

Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

salvage yard.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:51 AM
nathangfnd
Captain

Personally I wouldn't take it to a shop. It's an extremely easy install. Simply pop the door panel off by removing the door handle with a torx 30 I believe and a couple Philips heads and pull it up and off. The speakers have two small wires connected to them and you should be able to simply pop them off. Did mine about 3 months ago and used some 6x9s, not sure on the depth of the speakers but there seemed to be plenty of room to mount whatever speakers I bought.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:17 AM
BIGTEXDODGE
Rookie

the fact of the matter is this guy knows little to nothing about audio so should go to a shop to get the speakers and have them installed just to keep it clean and easy. i know i would be pissed if i ****ed something up or ordered ****ty *** speakers and have them go out 4 months later

Quick Reply: Blown Speaker