3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fixing wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Kdub118
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing wind noise

I have a 2007 quad cab, Getting out of my truck yesterday, wind was pretty stong took the door out of my hands and kinda through it open. Now when i drive 30 mph or more the wind noise is terrible seems to be mainly coming from the mirror and up from there maybe under the mirror i dont know. Its not the stripping so dont tell me thats bad because i know its not saying as the truck was fine before the wind incident. Do i check the door allignment?, I've never done that before. I've also heard of people putting 2x4 in the bottom of the door and pushing on the too of the door to tweak it for a better fit. I've also heard of people putting foam around. What should i do??

Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Kdub,

My suggesting would be to check the door alignment visually. Take a look at the door on the opposite side and compare alignment from the a-pillar to the door when closed. I would also take a look at the hinge as that is probably where any stretching or bending would have occurred during the wind incident. I cannot recommend tweaking with a 2X4 though, as I doubt that will eliminate the wind noise and could make it much worse.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Kdub118
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks alot. Thats what i was planning on doin. Ill let you know how it turns out

Quick Reply: Fixing wind noise