3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Upgrading cam soon, need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 03:20 PM
itsUhHemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading cam soon, need advice...

I would like to either get the comp cam XFI 268 or the comp cam XFI 273, but I am not sure what the real differences are. I already have a programmer, and since my truck is the Daytona, I also have the Borla exhaust system. I will also be getting the 6.1 springs and push rods. Would that be enough for the XFI 273 or would I need a better exhaust/headers?

Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I think you will need special tuning for the 273 since dodge lives in the stone age and doesn't use MAF. If you have no other engine work done such as head work and such, the 268 will be a better choice.
You might also look into these cams,http://inertiamotorsports.com/camshafts.html

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM
itsUhHemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
I think you will need special tuning for the 273 since dodge lives in the stone age and doesn't use MAF. If you have no other engine work done such as head work and such, the 268 will be a better choice.
You might also look into these cams,http://inertiamotorsports.com/camshafts.html
Yeah I have been reading around a lot. I already ordered the springs and push-rods and will be ordering the cam either tthis Friday or next. I guess I will just go with the 268 for now. Once I get some new heads I will probably end up getting one of the inertia cams.

Quick Reply: Upgrading cam soon, need advice...