3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Odometer not working....JUST the Odometer..Solution??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020 | 02:48 PM
khnitz
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve Dahm
I have a similar problem on my 06 Ram 1500. The odometer quit adding miles awhile ago. My question is if the soldier point is corroded and I clean and reflow soldier will the actual mileage show than? Thanks!
I think the best you can do is judge by the experience of others on the thread here. I tried to touch up solder joints on my cluster, but this did not remedy the display problem for me. For me, the solution was getting it remanufactured/repaired/exchanged via United Radio. But I'm glad to see others had luck with just reflow of joints/components.

Old 04-16-2022 | 10:19 PM
LImarine316
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Repair worked.

Originally Posted by Steve Thames
This is what i found. Corroded, and cold solder joint. Cleaned and re-soldered. Fixed
I just had the same problem with my 04 1500, cleaned and reattached the same part and my Odometer and Gear display are working again.

The following users liked this post:
khnitz (04-17-2022)
Old 05-05-2022 | 02:36 PM
wherring198
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just beat on the dash hard and it started working again I have an 05 Ram 1500 hemi done same thing just the odometer lights and warning lights went out come back on and hasn’t done since

Old Yesterday | 01:59 PM
Rogueplayer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been having the same problem for a few years now. Tried re-soldering the Q5 chip. Didn't work. Reflowed the legs on that white ceramic like you said, voila. Hope it's the final fix. Thanks for posting, gentlemen.

Quick Reply: Odometer not working....JUST the Odometer..Solution??