3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 dodge ram 1500 4.7

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013 | 05:17 PM
Frank Lucero
|
Amateur
Default 2004 dodge ram 1500 4.7

Ok I have a 4.7 and was wondering if there was anything I can do to make this truck a little bit more supped up? I want to turn my truck into a show truck and want to start on the motor any ideas would be great even if changing the motor is the key just be nice!

Old 05-04-2013 | 08:56 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star

Look at the list on my signature. I've got an 05 4.7 and this is just a start of what I'm going to do. There's a ton of stuff you can do.some people will say that you need to put the hemi in and ditch the 4.7. I'm not going that way. I already whoop all the hemis in town that I've come across. Just if its something want to do,research t and see if its possible

Old 05-04-2013 | 09:53 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran

Originally Posted by rtmtrrdr
Look at the list on my signature. I've got an 05 4.7 and this is just a start of what I'm going to do. There's a ton of stuff you can do.some people will say that you need to put the hemi in and ditch the 4.7. I'm not going that way. I already whoop all the hemis in town that I've come across. Just if its something want to do,research t and see if its possible
I already whoop all the hemis in town that I've come across.

Wait til you come across a good running one, that hands you your azz, then come on here and tell us all about it.

As for tips, there's a guy named T Ray that comes in here occasionally. He has a 4.7 he's spraying and I'm sure he would love to show you how slow you really are, then again he might let you in on some of his secrets

Old 05-05-2013 | 09:13 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star

I'm not saying I can beat all of them.heck I don't even know if there stock or built. I just know that every time one of these idiot college kids with a ram, that thinks there truck Is hot S**t Thinks they can beat me.you should see the look on there faces when they find out that all I have is a 4.7 and not a hemi.so far to date I've only been beaten buy 1 hemi and it was in a challenger.I kept up with him for a while, then he ultimately walked away from me.I knew it was going to happen but it sure was fun trying

Old 05-05-2013 | 07:49 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

You might try here, they deal in 4.7L performance. http://www.airram.com/custompage.php?page=18

Quick Reply: 2004 dodge ram 1500 4.7