3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

water leak into cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:27 PM
kasey25vrod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak into cab

I have a 08 ram 2500 that has a leak. I get water under the back seat on the drivers side in the little cubby hole every time it rains. Any ideas were the leak is?

Old 05-27-2013, 11:04 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 PM
kdhanks61
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck. I have 06 Ram 1500 have have tried just about everything posted. Water comes in and stands under rear drivers side seat in storage compartment. Sealed third brake light first, then silicone around manual slider cleaned drains (once I found them) and again found small amount of water still leaking in. If I had the money would replace back indie with no slider. Best bet is to take hose and slowly run water on back until you can pin point where water is coming in (or at least try). Check rubber seals around slider if you have it to see if any cracks. I guess the seals around the window, slider, and third brake light don't last long. If slider there are drains in the track. Check search box on this site for all the posts. This is a big problem with rams. Again good luck still haven't solved mine.

Quick Reply: water leak into cab